Helena Bonham Carter to Film as Bellatrix for Shell Cottage Scenes (Updated)

DH Film
May 11, 2009, 06:50 AM

*Update: The Western Telegraph has a small photo from the set today, and noted that Dan Radcliffe, Helena Bonham Carter and Evanna Lynch all signed autographs and shirts. TLC has a full report and pics coming very soon, stay tuned!

Yesterday we first told you various cast members had arrived for location filming on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Another cast member has now arrived, Helena Bonham Carter who will be filming her role as Bellatrix Lestrange. Readers will recall of course the dramatic encounter she has with Dobby at the end of Malfoy Manor before they apparate to Shell Cottage, and Hermione does later transform as Bellatrix for the trip to Gringotts. Wales Online reports that Helena made a stop to fill up her car before traveling onward to Pembrokeshire, where as we know, filming is now underway at Freshwater Beach in Wales. TLC has crews in the area, and we will be posting photos shortly, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

My_avatar_thumb

It took me a while to work out just where in the sequence of the book “Bellatrix” would be at Shell Cottage – but yes of course, its after Dobby’s death isn’t it (isn’t it?) I’m going to have to reread DH very soon…!

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 11, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
My_avatar_thumb

Posted by SnapesSilverDoe on May 11, 2009, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Cimg2325_thumb

That’s going to be amazing! At first I thought they were gonna alter the scene somehow and have a death-eater attack on Shell Cottage, but of course it was for the polyjuice. I think it’s time to re-read the book! :P

Posted by MadameSuede on May 11, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

This is so awesome!! I hope they keep this section pretty much intact for the movie.

Posted by cryospear on May 11, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Slymate_thumb

i want pictures!
xD
I´m so excited!!

Posted by Whitzard [FTC!] on May 11, 2009, 08:46 AM report to moderator

Sweet!! I think it should be fun to watch Helena as Bellatrix pretending to be Hermione pretending to be Bellatrix.

Posted by JS297206 on May 11, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Oh I forgot about that scene. Should be great watching Bella-Hermione XD

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on May 11, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator

Cool!

Posted by jeannemclROAR on May 11, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

OOO excited for thsi one!!

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 11, 2009, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Oh that’s awesome! Can’t wait to see Helena do Hermione!

Posted by joelface on May 11, 2009, 09:35 AM report to moderator
I_thought_about_flying____by_siriuslyec_thumb

well they kind of need to have Fleur, I’m sure the actress playing her (Poesy or otherwise) will be getting there soon. The wedding is definitely in, and I doubt Bill will be a single bachelor…

Posted by PaintTheSky on May 11, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

WOW… wonder why its all so fast.. hahaha.. anyways, can some1 tell me where the part 1 ends and where the part 2 of deathlyu hallows starts?

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on May 11, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
106_4038_thumb

WOW… wonder why its all so fast.. hahaha.. anyways, can some1 tell me where the part 1 ends and where the part 2 of deathly hallows starts?

Posted by gayle.marie [[ ROAR ]] on May 11, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

hmmm..yeah..probably polyjuice potion scenes…because the real Bella has no bussiness in Shell cottage.

Posted by Matea on May 11, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator
Kitt2_thumb

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that scene too. Good grief, I need to go back and read that book again. Well, I need to read them all again actually. But yes, I absolutely adore Helena Bonham Carter, she’s so good at evil. ;-)

Posted by nekoanimagus *UWS* on May 11, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator

"Ow kunnit nofe skusin danger ifzat?" said Ron.[br]His mouth was so full Harry thought it was quite an achievement for him to make any noise at all.[br]"I beg your pardon?" said Nearly Headless Nick politely, while Hermione looked revolted.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014