Shell Cottage Filming Day One: Location Photos for Filming on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 11, 2009, 12:45 PM

Update: Filming took place today on Freshwater Beach for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows for scenes involving Shell Cottage. Many reports to TLC say actor Toby Jones was there, perhaps just for rehearsal purposes only, for scenes involving Dobby. Warwick Davis was also there as Griphook, with other cast members such as Dan Radcliffe (Harry) Emma Watson (Hermione) Rupert Grint (Ron) Evanna Lynch (Luna) and their doubles were filming both on the dunes and rehearsing down on the beach. Readers Maddie and Gemma report that Rupert was there dressed in a beard and wig for Ron Weasley's transformation, and possibly the photos are of Emma Watson dressed as Bellatrix for the transformation to Gringotts out of Shell Cottage.

Thanks much TLC reader Jo,  Shell Cottage Day One filming set pics are now in our galleries are as follows:
 Warwick Davis as Griphook, Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix and Harry
 Bellatrix and
Emma Watson or her double on set
Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
Evanna Lynch filming
Dan Radcliffe preparing for a scene
Another Dan
More Dan with Toby Jones
Film Crew
Additional photos are of what are likely to be the doubles for the celebs on the beach, although this remains quite unclear as to what is going on. Maddie and Gemma's photos can be found, here. Reports say hordes of paparazzi were there, making it very difficult for fans to get clear photos. Filming does continue all week long, and we will continue to update with more photos when we can.

Update 2: Thanks to SS for the heads up on video from the BBC, now here in our galleries. (note those are likely the doubles for the cast on the beach)

UPDATE 10, 012 ;) While some readers expressed confusion, we can see yes indeed Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) and Emma Watson (Hermione) were indeed on set today as witnessed by the slew of paparazzi photos which are now surfacing online, here (page 4) from Oclumencia.

Many thanks to Jo!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

The pictures are so cool. i was there and managed to everyone from a distance, but seeing them up close is very cool! So excited accutally being there though, double excited to be mentioned on leaky too! squee!

Posted by Moous on May 11, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator

No Dean Thomas? Annoying…

Posted by seeR on May 11, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m assuming not all of the actors are there yet…this doesn’t mean they won’t be. I don’t see John Hurt either and he’s obviously going to be there.

Posted by cghambright on May 11, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Boston_20day_203_20070_thumb

I can’t wait to see this!

Posted by Bre S. on May 11, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Ohhh dear, I am so excited :D

Posted by Christine on May 11, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG, I just saw the picture of Rupert and his beard and I am laughing my butt off. Hahahahaha! :) That’s just too great. I’m glad they are staying true to this part! :D

Posted by Christine on May 11, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

This is so exciting I can’t stand it! I go offline for a few days and come back to this: OMG. And I love Belatrix/Hermione carrying the bag—wonderful. (A thought: Maybe this is where they’ll break the films, as they’re leaving for Gringotts?)

Posted by izziewitch on May 11, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator

I love the Helena pictures. But I’m still wondering where Dean Thomas is.

Posted by rosalie on May 11, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator

Those new pics are awesome!! I so wish I had a better camera, you can even see the sword of Griffindor!! Eeeeeee!!

I won’t be going tomorrow, as I’m a tad sunburnt, it’s so sore!! But hoping to go down on Thursday.

Posted by jjpembs on May 11, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

The paparazzi certainly do love to photograph Emma.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 11, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_thumb

It’s so cool and jordanrod09 take lots of pictures!!!!

Posted by Narglesarereal on May 11, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Ee_thumb

Helena Bonham Carter pictures! How exciting!

Posted by felixismycat on May 11, 2009, 05:04 PM report to moderator

This is so exciting!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on May 11, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator

Cool. RIP Dobby.

Posted by badger666 on May 11, 2009, 05:12 PM report to moderator
Doctor_who_5_thumb

It’s really cool to see these pictures every so often. The other films were mainly filmed in studios but with DH they are always on the move outside of Hogwarts, so we can expect more pics!

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on May 11, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

Aunt Petunia's masterpiece of a pudding, the mountain of cream and sugared violets, was floating up near the ceiling. On top of a cupboard in the corner crouched Dobby.[br]"No," croaked Harry. "Please... they'll kill me...."