LeakyCon '09: Ministry of Magic to Perform on PotterCast

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 10, 2009, 03:15 PM

LeakyCon is coming and we are not yet done with announcements and surprises: We're thrilled to announce a PotterCast first today: Wizard rock band Ministry of Magic is set to appear on and perform at the LeakyCon 09 PotterCast (which is Saturday morning the 22nd and free with a conference registration). The band will be performing acoustically as well as sitting down for an interview, and we can't wait. See you there!

And now a bunch of helpful info!

LeakyCon is May 21-24 in Boston, MA, and we are almost out of tickets. You can register here before we are forced to close it.

Keynotes

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register. (Remember to ADD YOUR QUESTION HERE, even if you are not going to the conference.)

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here. Schedule of Events:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

Man, I wish I could go to LeakyCon!! Oh well, I’ll have to hope that LeakyCon 2011 falls during uni holidays, because I’d be keen to fly over for it and make a big holiday out of it!

Posted by Bella ~ROAR~ on May 11, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator

Posted by Bella ~ROAR~ on May 11, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I can’t go and you’re just making this harder every day.M.O.M. on Pottercast? Legen….. wait for it… dary!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on May 11, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

Leakycon sounds amazing. i wish i could go :(

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on May 11, 2009, 07:57 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Once again, can’t believe I’m not going! :(:(:(

Posted by loony_slytherin on May 11, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Bodyshot_icon_thumb

I was wondering if they were going to be there….I am so psyched to go!

Posted by MysteryloverAnne on May 11, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

SOunds cool.. TOo bad I can’t go :(

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on May 11, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

I am all sorts of jealous. But at least I can listen to PotterCast at home. If I’m not working.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on May 11, 2009, 11:24 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

awww i wanna go!!
but leakycon is kind of at an inconvientent time. kids in the UK aged 15-16 will be doing their Standard Grades of GCSE’s or IGCSE’s so if they wanted 2 go they wouldnt be able 2 go.

3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I love MoM! Sigh…

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 11, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawssmarter_normal_thumb

so awesome! so happy to hear about this! cannot wait!
only 10 days now!!!

Posted by tayfayday [wbm] on May 11, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator

Melissa, stop torturing those of us who really really really want to go to LeakyCon but can’t, sigh. MoM is one of my all time favorite bands. You MUST release this PotterCast on iTunes so we can all hear it.

Posted by badger666 on May 11, 2009, 02:24 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Seems like its cool!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on May 11, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator

I wish I could go! I didn’t have a computer at my possesion while I was out of town, I missed the memo and I am going to something else.
It sounds bloody brilliant! Tell all the ones left behind all the details!

Posted by KeroseneStar on May 11, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator

Squee! I asked MoM why they weren’t performing at LeakyCon when they had a concert here at Notre Dame and they told me it was because they werent accept on the set list! I thought that was absurd. So I signed up for their after LeakyCon show, and now I’m going to get to see them twice!

Posted by GreenLightening on May 11, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?