LeakyCon '09: Ministry of Magic to Perform on PotterCast

LeakyCon
Posted by: Melissa
May 10, 2009, 03:15 PM

LeakyCon is coming and we are not yet done with announcements and surprises: We're thrilled to announce a PotterCast first today: Wizard rock band Ministry of Magic is set to appear on and perform at the LeakyCon 09 PotterCast (which is Saturday morning the 22nd and free with a conference registration). The band will be performing acoustically as well as sitting down for an interview, and we can't wait. See you there!

And now a bunch of helpful info!

LeakyCon is May 21-24 in Boston, MA, and we are almost out of tickets. You can register here before we are forced to close it.

Keynotes

Tickets to ALL of our keynotes are going fast (and keynotes do not clash with ANY other programming: there is no chance that when signing up for one you will miss anything else). Here, again, are the links to our other two terrific panels:

Q&A with Michael Goldenberg - click here to read, click here to register. (Remember to ADD YOUR QUESTION HERE, even if you are not going to the conference.)

Editors and Authors: Cheryl Klein and John Green - click here to read about it, click here to register.

Nosh with the Nerdfighters - click here to read about it, click here to register.

We are also holding a drawing for a signed one-of-a-kind collection of all 10 American-Edition Harry Potter books, donated by Scholastic and J.K. Rowling. For pics and video of the set, click here. Schedule of Events:

Thursday
Friday Morning
Friday Afternoon and Evening
Saturday Morning
Saturday Afternoon and Evening
Sunday

Don't forget, the main LeakyCon registration includes:

Welcome Feast
Leaving Feast
The Rocking Charity Ball
THREE enormous wizard rock shows with more than 15 bands performing
All in-conference programming
Vendor Room
Podcasts, including live PotterCast, Spellcast, Spinnerscast and more
Film screenings
And a lot more - an unbelievable value that is unparalleled anywhere. LeakyCon is a charity conference, with all proceeds benefiting Book Aid International and the HP Alliance.

We will see you there!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent LeakyCon News

250px-youre-a-wizard

Cool!

Posted by EnricoDc on May 10, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator

I WISH i could bloody come, but i live in sweden and it cost a hell of a lot to get to Boston… Make sure you guys take pictures for us non-attenders :)

GOD THIS IS SOOO NOT FAIR :( irones my handes

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on May 10, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

Ministry of Magic on PotterCast at LeakyCon….it’s three times awesome. Can’t wait!

Posted by Melissa Anelli on May 10, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OMG, I wish I could go!! :(

Posted by Christine on May 10, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator

You are having a LeackyCon 2010 or 2011 right right?!?! Then maybe… Anyways, this sounds totally exciting you guys are so lucky! Have fun.

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on May 10, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

LeakyCon sounds great! I wish I could make it, but to all of you who can go, have a blast!

Posted by Fresca ROAR on May 10, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

OMG This is amazing news!!! I really hope they play “I <3 Weasleys”

Posted by acciolove on May 10, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I love them!!! It would be so much fun! Keep in mind all you LeakyCon goers… you’re the lucky ones ;].

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on May 10, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Cool!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on May 10, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Hermisig_thumb

Ah, that sounds amazing!
Too bad I can’t make it to Boston, I really hoped I could. :(

Posted by -PhoenixTears- on May 10, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Aw now I REALLY wish I could go to leakcon!! Stop teasing us Melissa! :P

That’s so awesome though, I can’t wait to hear that PC xD

Posted by MuggleQueen on May 10, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

It would be fun to go. Sigh!

Posted by budgie on May 10, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

i hope they live stream the MoM concert so that we can all rock out to “the bravest man I ever knew”

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on May 10, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Boston_20day_203_20070_thumb

“The Bravest Man I Ever Knew” is my absolute favorite song. They better release that Pottercast on itunes!

Posted by Bre S. on May 10, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator

I’m soooo excited! I can’t wait to see all of you!!

Posted by Lily Phoenix on May 10, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator

...Ron was staring at Hermione as though suddenly seeing her in a whole new light.[br]"Hermione, Neville's right -- you [i]are[/i] a girl..."[br]"Oh well spotted," she said acidly.[br]"Well -- you can come with one of us!"[br]"No, I can't," snapped Hermio

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014