Matt Lewis Talks Brendan and Domhnall Gleeson for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 01, 2009, 05:45 AM

Actor Matt Lewis, who portrays Neville Longbottom, has given a new interview where he discusses working with various cast members, new and old, for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Readers will recall that TLC first told you actor Domhnall Gleeson (photos here) would be playing the part of Bill Weasley in Deathly Hallows. In this new interview with LewisLovers.com Matt speaks to working with cast members such as Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) again, as well as Domhnall and his father, acclaimed actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad- Eye Moody):

Megan: Which new actors cast in Deathly Hallows are you looking forward to working with?
Matt: Hmm, I don't really know of many of the new since I've only worked with Dan, Rupert and Emma so far.
Matt: Do you know of some that are new and I'll tell you if I'm looking forward to working with them ;)
Megan: I'll take a look haha
Megan: Helen Mcrory will be playing Draco's mom
Megan: and Domhnall Gleeson will be playing Bill Weasley
Matt: Oh yea, Helen McRory for sure because she was supposed to be in OotP but I believe was pregnant so had to cancel
Megan: Yea, but I think that Helena was a better Bellatrix and she is more suited for Narcissa
Megan: so i guess it turned out for the best
Matt: Helena Bonham Carter stepped in and was fantastic but I am looking forward to working with Helen McRory
Megan: yea, she seems really nice
Matt: Absolutely, you're right
Matt: Brendan Gleeson for me is one of the most fantastic people I have ever worked with
Matt: He's just such a nice guy and so talented
Megan: Yea and he seems pretty funny too
Matt: So I'm sure his son will be equally as great

Thanks so much Megan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Quidditch_2012_thumb

That’s interesting. I didn’t know Helen McRory was supposed to be Bellatrix originally. I agree that Helena Bonham Carter is the quintessential Bellatrix.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on May 02, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator

I love Matt!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on May 02, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator

Yay Neville! I can’t wait to see him in DH.

Posted by badger666 on May 02, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator

Yay Neville! I can’t wait to see him in DH.

Posted by badger666 on May 02, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator

Yay Neville! I can’t wait to see him in DH.

Posted by badger666 on May 02, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_is_gay_thumb

I love Matt! He is such a nice guy. And he truly seems like a genuine person. Ya know?

Posted by ForsakenSeverus on May 02, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

Neville is awesome…I always said he would play a huge part in the war and he did!

Posted by joeys_mommy on May 02, 2009, 11:57 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

Matt is so cool. He is going to be so BA in Deathly Hallows and I cannot wait to see him.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on May 03, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
1_thumb

go matty

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on May 03, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I think I need to go read the rest of the interview. That wasn’t much info . . .

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on May 03, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome! i cant wiat fo r DH!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on May 03, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Celeb-emma-watson-modcloth1_thumb

matt is hott

Posted by Allthatsparkles/potters on May 04, 2009, 10:22 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

great interview! i love him and i am really glad he was sad to see the hospital scene with neville’s parents get cut, i think that is the only real complaint i’ve ever had about the films, i don’t usually dwell on what they cut.

Voila_thumb

Cool!

Posted by maera-kyrie on May 04, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_quotes_feb03_thumb

yay for matt!!! Matt is so awesome. I’ve been following his twitter lately, he rocks. I can’t wait to see him in the next film

Posted by potterkid on May 04, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I'm not dancing," he said.[br]"It is traditional," said Professor McGonagall firmly. "You are a Hogwarts champion, and you will do what is expected of you as a representative of the school. So make sure you get yourself a partner, Potter."