Matt Lewis Talks Brendan and Domhnall Gleeson for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 01, 2009, 05:45 AM

Actor Matt Lewis, who portrays Neville Longbottom, has given a new interview where he discusses working with various cast members, new and old, for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Readers will recall that TLC first told you actor Domhnall Gleeson (photos here) would be playing the part of Bill Weasley in Deathly Hallows. In this new interview with LewisLovers.com Matt speaks to working with cast members such as Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) again, as well as Domhnall and his father, acclaimed actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad- Eye Moody):

Megan: Which new actors cast in Deathly Hallows are you looking forward to working with?
Matt: Hmm, I don't really know of many of the new since I've only worked with Dan, Rupert and Emma so far.
Matt: Do you know of some that are new and I'll tell you if I'm looking forward to working with them ;)
Megan: I'll take a look haha
Megan: Helen Mcrory will be playing Draco's mom
Megan: and Domhnall Gleeson will be playing Bill Weasley
Matt: Oh yea, Helen McRory for sure because she was supposed to be in OotP but I believe was pregnant so had to cancel
Megan: Yea, but I think that Helena was a better Bellatrix and she is more suited for Narcissa
Megan: so i guess it turned out for the best
Matt: Helena Bonham Carter stepped in and was fantastic but I am looking forward to working with Helen McRory
Megan: yea, she seems really nice
Matt: Absolutely, you're right
Matt: Brendan Gleeson for me is one of the most fantastic people I have ever worked with
Matt: He's just such a nice guy and so talented
Megan: Yea and he seems pretty funny too
Matt: So I'm sure his son will be equally as great

Thanks so much Megan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Certainly enjoyable to hear him speak, but I was hoping for something more spoilerific. I will confess that I have been spoiled as of late.

Posted by Kirk on May 01, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am really looking forward to seeing him in HBP!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on May 01, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Bringonbluesky_108-3copy_thumb

Thanks for the little interview :)

Posted by anisia on May 01, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Haha, I love Matt :) he’s adorable. Cool little interview.

Posted by Sarabi on May 01, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Actually the last two films have been showing a positive transformation of Neville. DH should be the best though.

Posted by budgie on May 01, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

coolio!!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on May 01, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

I’m hoping they will let Matt shine in DH. They always cut his parts but this time it’s so major how can they?

Posted by Cool G on May 01, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Weddingedwardandbella-560x384_thumb

can I just say how good looking Matt is ????

Posted by renaeofgryffindor on May 01, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i cant wait to see him slay nagini!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 01, 2009, 04:29 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i cant wait to see him slay nagini!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on May 01, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

matt is obviously awesome. haha :D neat interview.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on May 01, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I didn’t realize that Helena Bonham-Carter was a substitute!

Posted by Garden State Geek on May 01, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Matt looks really different in the picture!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 01, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator
5_thumb

He is looking FINE in that picture!

Posted by hopkinsdancr22 on May 01, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Interesting! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on May 02, 2009, 12:42 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Hey!" said Ron, who had staggered to his feet and was now tottering drunkenly toward Harry, giggling. "Hey, Harry, there are [i]brains[/i] in here, ha ha ha, isn't that weird, Harry?"