Matt Lewis Talks Brendan and Domhnall Gleeson for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
May 01, 2009, 05:45 AM

Actor Matt Lewis, who portrays Neville Longbottom, has given a new interview where he discusses working with various cast members, new and old, for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Readers will recall that TLC first told you actor Domhnall Gleeson (photos here) would be playing the part of Bill Weasley in Deathly Hallows. In this new interview with LewisLovers.com Matt speaks to working with cast members such as Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) again, as well as Domhnall and his father, acclaimed actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad- Eye Moody):

Megan: Which new actors cast in Deathly Hallows are you looking forward to working with?
Matt: Hmm, I don't really know of many of the new since I've only worked with Dan, Rupert and Emma so far.
Matt: Do you know of some that are new and I'll tell you if I'm looking forward to working with them ;)
Megan: I'll take a look haha
Megan: Helen Mcrory will be playing Draco's mom
Megan: and Domhnall Gleeson will be playing Bill Weasley
Matt: Oh yea, Helen McRory for sure because she was supposed to be in OotP but I believe was pregnant so had to cancel
Megan: Yea, but I think that Helena was a better Bellatrix and she is more suited for Narcissa
Megan: so i guess it turned out for the best
Matt: Helena Bonham Carter stepped in and was fantastic but I am looking forward to working with Helen McRory
Megan: yea, she seems really nice
Matt: Absolutely, you're right
Matt: Brendan Gleeson for me is one of the most fantastic people I have ever worked with
Matt: He's just such a nice guy and so talented
Megan: Yea and he seems pretty funny too
Matt: So I'm sure his son will be equally as great

Thanks so much Megan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Ravenclaw_thumb

Ha! My name is Megan too! Awesome News!

Posted by BlackCat13 on May 01, 2009, 05:54 AM report to moderator

Sweet!

Posted by lsmith08 on May 01, 2009, 05:57 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Helena Bonham Carter will not be in DH? She was a marvelous Bellatrix. Oh well, I might go read the rest of the interview.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on May 01, 2009, 05:58 AM report to moderator
Ca67gdqr_thumb

Nice tid-bit. But not really telling.

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on May 01, 2009, 06:07 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

@ TheSortingHat Where do they say that Helena Bonham-Carter won’t be in DH? I read from that tidbit that they originally thought of casting Helen McRory as Bellatrix and Helena Bonham-Carter (or someone else??) as Narcissa, but then Helen McRory was pregnant when they filmed OOTP so they cast Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix instead and are now casting Helen McRory as Narcissa. That’s how I interpreted that anyway…

Posted by MischiefManaged on May 01, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Hp_and_the_deathly_hallows_ukr_thumb

Not very long , but good …..By the way , he is beatiful actor

Posted by lord kerol on May 01, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

I love Matt’s portrayal – he has changed so much from the chubby dork in the first one…

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on May 01, 2009, 06:18 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Awesome News!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 01, 2009, 07:21 AM report to moderator

Glad to see that the photo has been updated from SS/PS movie days…

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on May 01, 2009, 08:21 AM report to moderator
Forest_thumb

Great! we know more DH news.

5908_12290828084_thumb

wow ……i like hp news very much

Posted by hbp will be betterthan tdk on May 01, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Matt said he’s looking forward to filming the battle at Hogwarts. Lot of exciting moments in DH and some of the most exciting belong to my guy Neville!!!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on May 01, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

Mat Lewis may have seemed like he got the raw end of the deal with almost every movie, always ahving smaller parts etc…DH must have made him happy when he read it!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on May 01, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Cool! I love Matt! Such a nice guy. I can’t wait for him in DH. The transformation of Neville will be brilliant I bet! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 01, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

hehe matt is sooo awsome!!!!

Posted by calliet2b4g on May 01, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator

"Why do they have to move in packs?" Harry asked Ron as a dozen or so girls walked past them, sniggering and staring at Harry. "How're you supposed to get one on their own to ask them?"[br]"Lasso one?" Ron suggested.