LA Times Preview of Half-Blood Prince Includes New Photo of Harry, Dumbledore at Slughorn's Home

HBP Film
May 01, 2009, 06:56 PM

The LA Times is running a new preview today of the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince that also includes a new photo of Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) and Harry (Dan Radcliffe) inside a darkened home of Slughorn.  The article contains comments from actor Dan Radcliffe and Emma Watson, as well as from Rupert Grint, who spoke about his Quidditch scenes for the movie

"I found out it was not as much fun to film as I hoped," said Grint, who was left weary and sore by the mechanized broom handle and had headaches from staring at the giant green screen that provides the backdrop canvas for computer artists to later fill in with crowds and the towering playing field. "It's going to be more fun to watch than it was to film."

The article also points out the interview with Dan Radcliffe was conducted before the delay of the film last year, and notes:

It was a brisk February afternoon in 2008, and the actor had no idea that a Christmas would come and go before "Half-Blood Prince" appeared in theaters; the sixth Potter adventure was scheduled for release last November but, to the disappointment of fans, Warner Bros. executives announced last summer that they would postpone the film for eight months to maximize its market position.

It remains to be seen whether fans will hold a grudge against the film for the delay -- many pledged to boycott it or at least skip the opening weekend to express their ire -- but it's hard to imagine the popcorn juggernaut can be slowed, much less stopped. The last film, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," pulled in $938 million worldwide, making it the most successful edition since the first installment, "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" in 2001, pulled in $974 million. The franchise has brought in close to $4.5 billion, a number that would make any Muggle studio executive believe in magic.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

hahaha, i remember when it was reported last year that quidditch filming scenes hurt! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on May 01, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Nice picture – but I’m also wondering about the hand… Hmm?

Posted by Christine on May 01, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

I love photos, but yeah, wondering about Dumbledore’s hand.

Posted by Shane [WBM] on May 01, 2009, 10:58 PM report to moderator
5908_12290828084_thumb

amazing interview

Posted by hbp will be betterthan tdk on May 01, 2009, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Aww :( Well I hope Rupert loves it when he sees the movie! :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on May 01, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

No way will I boycott it. I’m going to see it opening night. And then see it again and again and again.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on May 02, 2009, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Cool! :D I can’t wait for HBP!

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on May 02, 2009, 12:50 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Fantastic for you guy in LA.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on May 02, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

Good call on Dumbledore’s hand guys! I didn’t even notice that at first. His hand seems perfectly fine, not to mention his wand hand is his right in the books I think.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on May 02, 2009, 04:41 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

What’s up with this writers writing Emily instead of Emma? Goodness! What’s wrong with them? They were supposed to proofread this things before publishing them! Argh! That ticks me off!

I wonder why Dumbly’s hand is not dead…

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on May 02, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

yeah…we all said we’re going to boycott the opening weekend…but I don’t see that coming..I just can’t! after such a long time of waiting…I just can’t wait any more!

Posted by Matea on May 02, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

I wish I could get my hand on a copy of this!

Posted by DanielleD on May 02, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

cool-e-o

Posted by friendofblob on May 02, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

Why isn’t his [Dumbledore] hand all whitered and black? It’s a fairly importent part of the movie? Do they add it in later with the computer or didn’t show it in this pic not to spoil it or what?

Posted by friendofblob on May 02, 2009, 11:18 AM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

cool picture!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on May 02, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator

And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass. Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.