Deathly Hallows Filming Update: Location Shoots Possibly in Midlands and London

Movies
April 09, 2009, 03:26 PM

There is word today from several sources regarding location shoots underway for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to the now private blog of Half-Baked Brownie Guider, we know location shoots are reportedly taking place in the Midlands area of the UK. The author reports while at the site of an unnamed cooling tower, her daughter was able to meet actor Dan Radcliffe. She writes:

During the day, Daniel Radcliffe was kind enough to come over and talk to her for a while, shook hands with her and my husband, and encouraged her to shout her name up the cooling tower where they were filming, to hear the echo. She was too star struck to do that, so he shouted her name for her!

I hope he knows just how appreciated gestures like that are, I am sure he is asked to be nice to somebody's kid every day on location, and much much more. But he was very kind to her and really made her day/week/year/life.She did also see the actors who play Ron and Hermione but they weren't near her so she didn't meet them.

Also TLC has received word from  credible sources regarding additional night shoots that will take place on location in the coming days for the Death Eater attack at the cafe, possibly around the Piccadilly Circus area, and things will heat up in Scotland over the next month or so. Again all very exciting but please keep this in the rumor category for now!

Thanks so much HBBG and Radcakesfan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

That’s Brilliant. Love that Dan’s soo nice to the fans… and that they we’re in the midlands – I wonder why!!!

Sigh – also SQUEEL – the cafe scene – wonder if we’ll get on set pic’s!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 10, 2009, 05:30 AM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

That’s so sweet of Daniel. It’s always good to hear nice things about the cast.

Posted by Salame on April 10, 2009, 06:42 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I am jealous! But of course I wish it was Rupes and Em instead! LOL!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 10, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator

1: i LOVE Dan
2: i’m packing my things to fly to Piccadilly Circus
3: oh my god, HBP is coming nearer!!!!
4: they are filming DH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 10, 2009, 08:33 AM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

That was soo cool. I make me like Dan even more. That was nice of him. Soo ready for the movies!!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on April 10, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

that’s really awesome! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 10, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

omg. cant wait to hear more about the filmin.
i live near the midlands. i want to know where exactly where they are filmin.
i’m also excited to hear that they are filmin the cafe.scene

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on April 10, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator

I was on a visit with some scouts yesterday 9 April and asked if they had used the site for a film set at all. I was told that new the Harry Potter film was to be filmed there in July 2009. The site was the Ratcliffe on Soar power station and the most significant aspect of the place is the 8 massive cooling towers. So that is the location and you heard it from Charlie Alford and the Rothley scouts. Oh – Ratcliffe on Soar is just inside the Nottinghamshire border – north of Loughborough.

Posted by charliebiggles on April 10, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Cool! :)

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 10, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

SWEET. Can’t wait to see the film.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 10, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
Dw_donna_silly_icon_thumb

Wait a minute, have they filmed the Picadilly Circus scene yet? I’d love to pop by if it’s still going on! Or does anyone know if they’re in London and where they are filming?

Posted by franlock on April 10, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

All the actors are so NORMAL! Why can’t the actors in America be like them. Dan’s obviously the most outspoken of the trio…he’s always been that way and Emma is the shy one and Rupert is the “man of few words.”

Posted by cghambright on April 10, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

really cool!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on April 10, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

this is making me want the movie RIGHT NOW!! This is my favorite part: “But he was very kind to her and really made her day/week/year/life.” How happy the mother/reporter was that Dan came and talked to her daughter!
Now I want HBP and Dan !!

Is is July yet??

Posted by DanielleD on April 10, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I would have been like petrified if he talked to me…

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on April 11, 2009, 05:10 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Couldn't remember all the goblin rebels' names, so I invented a few. It's all right," he said, helping himself to a Cornish pasty, while Mrs. Weasley looked stern, "they're all called stuff like Bodrod the Bearded and Urg the Unclean; it wasn't hard."