Deathly Hallows Filming Update: Location Shoots Possibly in Midlands and London

Movies
April 09, 2009, 03:26 PM

There is word today from several sources regarding location shoots underway for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Thanks to the now private blog of Half-Baked Brownie Guider, we know location shoots are reportedly taking place in the Midlands area of the UK. The author reports while at the site of an unnamed cooling tower, her daughter was able to meet actor Dan Radcliffe. She writes:

During the day, Daniel Radcliffe was kind enough to come over and talk to her for a while, shook hands with her and my husband, and encouraged her to shout her name up the cooling tower where they were filming, to hear the echo. She was too star struck to do that, so he shouted her name for her!

I hope he knows just how appreciated gestures like that are, I am sure he is asked to be nice to somebody's kid every day on location, and much much more. But he was very kind to her and really made her day/week/year/life.She did also see the actors who play Ron and Hermione but they weren't near her so she didn't meet them.

Also TLC has received word from  credible sources regarding additional night shoots that will take place on location in the coming days for the Death Eater attack at the cafe, possibly around the Piccadilly Circus area, and things will heat up in Scotland over the next month or so. Again all very exciting but please keep this in the rumor category for now!

Thanks so much HBBG and Radcakesfan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Rh7_thumb

dan is so sweet!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 09, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Frasericon11_thumb

It’s cool that Dan is nice like that!
Having a hectic filming schedule would make me stressed! lol

Posted by MeredithRodneyMcKay on April 09, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Dan is such a nice kid. :)

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 09, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I wish I could be there. sigh I envy that girl. I want to meet Dan!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 09, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

This is certainly most curious. I hope that we receive more media (as in photos) concerning filming at these particular locations.

Posted by Kirk on April 09, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

YIPPEE! The cafe scene. I’m SO gald this is going to be in the film. I hoope this is true. Fingers crossed.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 09, 2009, 08:13 PM report to moderator

Dan is such a sweetheart and so good with very young fans.
I bit she loved her name being shouted by him,for
the echo.

So hopeing the cafe scene IS nthe filmand that they ARE about to film
it soon!!!!

Posted by Jeannine on April 09, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator

Omg! They’re keeping the Cafe Scene! This movie will be the movie that book purists are waiting for. The movie that bridges the style of the first two movies with the style of the more recent ones. I’m excited for the Half-Blood Prince, of course, but that seems more like an appetizer now that this movie is already in production.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 09, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

that is so sweet, i wish i got to meet daniel radcliffe after i saw equus but apparently he didn’t come outside after matinees.. oh well!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 09, 2009, 08:30 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

that was nice. i want to see that blog

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on April 09, 2009, 08:31 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

YES!!! I can finally die happily! They’re including the attack at the cafe—my favorite scene from Deathly Hallows! Random, I know.

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on April 09, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Oh yay! This sounds awesome, hope it’s the cafe! I completely agree Jaymie Brooks!

Aw! That’s so cute!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 09, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Wow. He is such a cool guy. When you watch him in interviews too he is so humble and down to earth. I can’t believe they are actually making this movie already. With each news report like this it sinks in a little more.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 10, 2009, 01:25 AM report to moderator

Wish i was able to travel to see at least on filming of HP but you can go on line and do a Google map surch and look at the area on the map gives you a small idea of the area they are filming in

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 10, 2009, 02:29 AM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Aww thats cute

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on April 10, 2009, 03:40 AM report to moderator

Blinded and dying, every part of him screaming for release, Harry felt the creature use him again...[br][i]"If death is nothing, Dumbledore, kill the boy..."[br]Let the pain stop,[/i] thought Harry. [i]Let him kill us... End it, Dumbledore... Death is not

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014