There's No Business Like Snow Business for Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida

Fans
April 06, 2009, 12:49 PM

In perhaps a fun bit of Magic, or Muggle might at work, early concept art for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is proving to become reality. The Orlando Sentinel reports today that just as we saw in this artwork for the Hogsmeade village portion of the theme park currently under construction in sunny Florida, a company has been hired to make the village a snow covered site. The paper states that:

Universal has signed a special-effects contract with SnowMasters Evaporative Snow Systems Inc. The Anderson, Ala.-based company builds fake snow-making machines and offers everything from blowing snow to ground blankets to faux icicles.

No word if Snowball fights will be available ;)  Construction on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Orlando continues, with the park set to open sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

108_thumb

Sounds interesting.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 07, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Me_and_james_going_to_school_thumb

not bothered about snow.

Posted by prof mewthree "squee" on April 07, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

That looks so cool – can’t wait!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on April 07, 2009, 01:40 PM report to moderator

SNOW!!?!! Please! I live in Maine and I’ve seen enough snow to last a lifetime.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on April 07, 2009, 02:12 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

;) weelll, since i live in canada i have seen my share of snow so….but yeah, sounds magical ;)

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on April 07, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

I Cant Wait!! If only i had someone to go with my friends arent really as into harry potter as i am.

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 07, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Reading_troll_mill_thumb

I remember being in Disney and the fake snow on Main Street. Then later when we were in the Animal Kingdom, it started to rain and I had to ask myself if it was real rain or Disney rain. : )

I can’t wait for this park to open! Should be big fun!

Posted by LilaCatsfoot on April 07, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Michigan_thumb

Im going to live in this theme park

Posted by AllHailSirius on April 07, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Woo-hoo! I love snow!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 07, 2009, 08:35 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

yay!

Cropped_thumb

Oh we must wait so long!!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on April 08, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

ok cool :)

<<—- Add Me On Myleaky :]

Posted by NoeLover42 on April 09, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator

SNOWBALL FIGHTS MAYBE NOT BUT WAND FIGHT’S YES AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CANDY SHOP YUM YUM

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 09, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Ame_thumb

Thats pretty cool. I wish theyd give a tentatuve date for the actual opening so that we could all plan better..oh well!

Posted by SpiceQueen -="*~ROAR~*"=- on April 09, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Teddy_thumb

I’d love to go! It’s on my things to do in a lifetime list! Oooohhh I was listening to a pottercast (an old one) and they were talking about the theme park and it sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I can’t wait to hear from people when they go!!

Posted by Miss M on April 10, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I remember something very similar happening in Ouagadogou... I was able to provide the townsfolk with various amulets, which cleared the matter up at once...."[br]The photographs of Lockhart on the walls were all nodding in agreement as he talked. One of