There's No Business Like Snow Business for Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida

Fans
April 06, 2009, 12:49 PM

In perhaps a fun bit of Magic, or Muggle might at work, early concept art for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park is proving to become reality. The Orlando Sentinel reports today that just as we saw in this artwork for the Hogsmeade village portion of the theme park currently under construction in sunny Florida, a company has been hired to make the village a snow covered site. The paper states that:

Universal has signed a special-effects contract with SnowMasters Evaporative Snow Systems Inc. The Anderson, Ala.-based company builds fake snow-making machines and offers everything from blowing snow to ground blankets to faux icicles.

No word if Snowball fights will be available ;)  Construction on The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Orlando continues, with the park set to open sometime in 2010.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

2010? Wow, just in time for the Deathly Hallows I. That weekend will officially be dedicated completely to Harry Potter! I wonder if tWWoHP will have midnight screenings of the film? =D

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 06, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I can’t wait to go! =)
We should all meet in the the Three Broomsticks.
That’d be so fun.

Posted by Christine on April 06, 2009, 04:15 PM report to moderator
Papertownsdb_thumb

I cannot wait for this to open!!! I only live about two hours away from Orlando, and I am SO excited for this! XD

Posted by underthefairytales on April 06, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

This is going to be so awesome and fun! I can’t wait. . . .

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 06, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

I’m saving my money so i can go xD

Posted by FrancescaElle on April 06, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

will there be magical snow ball fights?

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on April 06, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Haha cool! Hope there is snowball fights! =]
Actually maybe not, considering I am sick of snow because it is snowing here in Chicago! Isn’t it April?!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 06, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I LOVE THE Wizarding World of Harry Potter THEME PARK!!!!!!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on April 06, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

WOAAH! This si so awsome!!!

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 06, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

interesting…

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 06, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Lion_king_icon_3_thumb

This is going to be really cool!!
:D

Posted by ::Luna_Lovegood::{WBM} on April 06, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

yay!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on April 06, 2009, 07:13 PM report to moderator
Maraudersmap_thumb

Not sure if the Floridians will know what to do when they see white stuff floating around! ha ha ha (snow I mean). 2010 can’t come soon enough. These updates are so exciting!!

Posted by rhadamenthes {ROAR} on April 06, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

Can’t wait for 2010! Deathly Hallows and the theme park!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 06, 2009, 07:47 PM report to moderator
24228_1103077232653_1698411023_197597_4108202_n_thumb

Can not wait. Already have my Hogwarts fund started.

Posted by WoodersonGal *ROAR* on April 06, 2009, 07:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Professor Dumbledore -- yesterday, when I was having my Divination exam, Professor Trelawney went very -- very strange."[br]"Indeed?" said Dumbledore. "Er -- stranger than usual, you mean?"