"Half-Blood Prince" a Summer Movie Favorite

HBP Film
April 30, 2009, 06:46 AM

Reuters is reporting this morning that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is the most anticipated by movie goers, according to a recent a poll.  According to the results, "thirty-nine percent of respondents in an online poll released on Thursday by AOL website Moviefone.com named "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" the summer movie they most want to see."

The article continued:

Sixty percent of the 280,000 respondents said they expect the new "Harry Potter" movie, which opens on July 15, to be the top box office draw of the upcoming blockbuster season."It's going to be a big summer for 'Harry Potter,' people absolutely love that franchise, and for the most part the films seem to get better each time out," said Scott Robson, editor-in-chief of Moviefone.

Among the most anticipated movies, the sixth installment in the "Harry Potter" saga was followed by: 29 percent for "Star Trek"; 12 percent each for "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" and "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"; 7 percent for "Terminator Salvation" and 2 percent for comedy "Bruno."

Moviefone also released their HBP set visit preview last week, and among the various bits of news in their piece, Rupert Grint stated that for the kiss his character Ron Weasley shares with Lavender Brown (Jessie Cave) it took ten times to get it right: "We were both quite nervous and [director David Yates] was really good and only let it go on for about 10 takes." Only? To make matters worse, Grint and Lavender were performing for a live audience. "I had a room full of people cheering," Grint says.

Dan Radcliffe also had a funny story about filming a breakfast scene in the Great Hall as follows:

4. Radcliffe isn't exactly Homer Simpson when it comes to bacon.
During the scene we watched filmed, Harry and Ron discuss a forthcoming Quidditch match over breakfast in the Hogwarts dining hall; and take after take we watch them nibble on seemingly fresh plates of bacon and eggs. Sounds like a food lover's dream, right? Wrong. Radcliffe was so sick and tired of bacon, he took to feeding a 10-year-old extra who couldn't get enough of it. "I've been turning around and shoving all my bacon onto his plate just to amuse myself," Radcliffe laughs. "He seems to be having a good time." Mmmm?

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Ca67gdqr_thumb

Mmmmm? Indeed. Hah, too funny.

Posted by SirEdwardsGuardian [WBM!] on April 30, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Man, I’m itching to see this.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 30, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Ha! I love the Homer Simpson joke. That’s all I can say. I guess I got a lot of work pride! Yay Simpsons! :)

Posted by eiVega on April 30, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Well, we all knew the books just kept getting better and better… but sometimes I forget that there’s another bunch of people out there who just haven’t discovered the awesomeness of HP yet.. so, it’s nice to see the media picking up on what we’ve all known since we picked this book up :)

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 30, 2009, 01:39 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

No suprises there. I CAN’T WAIT ANY LONGER!! :)

Img_44501_thumb

well obviously it’s one of the most anticipated! and Dan’s bit was pretty funny :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 30, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

looks like wb got the anticipation they were looking for!
and that bacon story is adorable!!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 30, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

they DO get better everytime! i’m glad to see that not just the fans appreciate it!

Hp_and_the_deathly_hallows_ukr_thumb

It is a great film ! All like it . I wait on it . Soon ….. only 2 month

Posted by lord kerol on April 30, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

Mmmm, bacon…. How can any one get tired of bacon? lol. I can’t wait for HBP!!!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 30, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Fef_efe_thumb

Ya I am soo excited for this movie. I/m at going to see it at least 3 times….in the first weekend.

Posted by DilltheMuggle on April 30, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

haha daan . so funny

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 30, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Well, that was pretty obvious that it would be the most anticipated movie! That bacon story was hilarious! LOL :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 30, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I know I can’t wait to see it. All my friends are excited too! I can’t wait!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 30, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Don’t care one way or the other about the poll, but Moviefone has done some really fun interviews with the trio in the past. Looking forward to the next one.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 30, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator