Tom Felton Talks Malfoy Manor and Draco's Family

Felton
April 03, 2009, 12:10 PM

There is a fun quote from actor Tom Felton today, regarding his role as Draco Malfoy and Malfoy Mansion. In the third part of an extensive interview with Feltbeats.com, as an aside during the portion focusing on his general career and music, Tom said the following:

FB: This is a bit of a side question for my personal interest, but I actually find it very interesting how much you are very different from Draco–

TF: Well, thank you!

FB: — but yet you relate to him so closely. You really identify with him. Sometimes you say “my house” when referring to Malfoy Manor and “my dad” when referring to Lucius. Maybe it is because you’ve been involved with Harry Potter for so long.

TF: Oh, sure, sure. Very much so. I won’t lie, I feel very proud and all the rest of it. And, I would never say this in front of Jo Rowling or anything like that, but I feel like he’s my character. Someone told me, “oh he

would be like this,” and I feel like saying, “No.”

That’s really the charm of the recent directors of Harry Potter, is that they ask you what Draco would do. They don’t tell you. They know you know him better than they do. So, I guess it is kind of strange. You’re right, I am nothing like him, but yet I feel very close to him. Occasionally, you know, I’ll catch sort of a Draco stare in the mirror, and I’ll think, “Oh yeah, now I remember that.”

FB: Oh, that’s funny!

TF: It’s a bit of a stone-eyed face, and I think, “Oh, that’s the one.”

You can also hear a rough version of new song from Tom Felton at the link, besides learning more about his new World War II film "Grace and Danger," as well as some new photos of the actor at the recent Empire Awards show in London.

Thanks so much Misha!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Hermione_thumb

Cool! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on April 03, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
Wwhprocky_thumb

I think Tom plays a great Draco and he is creating more depth to his character allowing him to become even more creepier and complex. I can’t wait for HBP to come out.

Posted by cryospear on April 03, 2009, 10:34 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

Well, the whole “my character” thing is to be expected when you’ve been playing the same major character in a series of films for the past, oh I don’t know, about eight years, maybe? Though I do find it to be very sweet in some odd way. :)

Posted by Miss Smarticle on April 03, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Threefriends_thumb

It will be fun to see Tom play Draco in HBP! A whole new level of acting for the Draco that emerges in book 6. So far, Tom has not disappointed his fans!

Posted by ProfessorCharms [ROAR] on April 03, 2009, 11:15 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Tom seems to really understand the character he plays. I’m looking forward to see how he potrays Draco in HBP

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 04, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

cool. i like watching his tweets on twitter, i had to get it for uni and that’s one of the best things about it!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 04, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Tom is a great Draco Malfoy

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 04, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator

I’d say he does pretty well in his role..nothing extraordinary, but definitely a solid actor.

“That’s really the charm of the recent directors of Harry Potter, is that they ask you what Draco would do. They don’t tell you.”

^^ this is why Gambon screws Dumbledore’s character up so bad…no one tells him he’s awful!!

Posted by Zoom on April 04, 2009, 01:58 PM report to moderator
Challengeweek130actorgaryoldmanyoun_thumb

I really like the way Tom seems to care about his character, it’s very endearing.

Posted by easyluckyfree on April 04, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Draco-draco-malfoy-2533953-75-75_thumb

even he loves draco!!!

Posted by Alexandra_Isis on April 05, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Draco-draco-malfoy-2533953-75-75_thumb

even he loves draco!!!

Posted by Alexandra_Isis on April 05, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Hogwarts_l_thumb

Hope he sweeps us off our feet this summer on the big screen!

Posted by Ithilien on April 06, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

I like how Tom Felton really likes his role, and actually . . . connects with the character. I’m glad that he’s so enthusiastic about playing Draco

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 06, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator

I’m so glad he’s enthusiastic about his role. He really is a great Malfoy and I can’t wait to see his vulnerable side in HBP.

Posted by badger666 on April 06, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I am glad he decided to stick with the movies. I remember a long time ago he said he was only going to do a few.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 07, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator

"Of course, we Seers have always been feared, always persecuted... It is -- alas -- our fate..."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014