Tom Felton Talks Malfoy Manor and Draco's Family

Felton
April 03, 2009, 12:10 PM

There is a fun quote from actor Tom Felton today, regarding his role as Draco Malfoy and Malfoy Mansion. In the third part of an extensive interview with Feltbeats.com, as an aside during the portion focusing on his general career and music, Tom said the following:

FB: This is a bit of a side question for my personal interest, but I actually find it very interesting how much you are very different from Draco–

TF: Well, thank you!

FB: — but yet you relate to him so closely. You really identify with him. Sometimes you say “my house” when referring to Malfoy Manor and “my dad” when referring to Lucius. Maybe it is because you’ve been involved with Harry Potter for so long.

TF: Oh, sure, sure. Very much so. I won’t lie, I feel very proud and all the rest of it. And, I would never say this in front of Jo Rowling or anything like that, but I feel like he’s my character. Someone told me, “oh he

would be like this,” and I feel like saying, “No.”

That’s really the charm of the recent directors of Harry Potter, is that they ask you what Draco would do. They don’t tell you. They know you know him better than they do. So, I guess it is kind of strange. You’re right, I am nothing like him, but yet I feel very close to him. Occasionally, you know, I’ll catch sort of a Draco stare in the mirror, and I’ll think, “Oh yeah, now I remember that.”

FB: Oh, that’s funny!

TF: It’s a bit of a stone-eyed face, and I think, “Oh, that’s the one.”

You can also hear a rough version of new song from Tom Felton at the link, besides learning more about his new World War II film "Grace and Danger," as well as some new photos of the actor at the recent Empire Awards show in London.

Thanks so much Misha!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Img_44501_thumb

way neat. Tom has always been good at being Draco and just him telling us that it feels like his part is amazing and shows his dedication.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 03, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

It’s so awesome when an actor cares this much about their role/

Posted by Imperiused! on April 03, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Herbdcdr_thumb

I really admire his commitment and skill as an actor and also as a fan of the series! I think every actor that has been cast in these movies has been really fantastic, down to the smallest parts. That is one of the magical things about these books and movies….they engender so much enthusiasm!

Posted by SproutMdme (OoM4,GS,CW) on April 03, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Like all the trio and others, he doesn’t seem all caught up in “stardom” – hope it always remains that way – I’m sure it will

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on April 03, 2009, 03:38 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I love Tom! He’s so … great. About everything. And I love how he says “my house” LOL x)

Posted by Christine on April 03, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

haaha

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 03, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Oh, that’s so funny when he catches a glimpse of Draco in the mirror! Maybe he practices his “evil” looks that way!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 03, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator

its jut so well lovely to know that he seems to relly care and love his character and the films and books:)

Posted by lunatuna on April 03, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

I noticed Tom did that ‘my dad, my house’ thing on the special features of the chamber of secrets dvd. I remember in an interview he said something like ‘me and harry’ and I found it funny. Not ‘me and dan’… not ‘draco and harry’…. but ‘me and harry’ lol. I loved it. Tom is a perfect Draco.

Posted by But Hagrid... on April 03, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

lol

Posted by chocolaterabbits on April 03, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

I think Tom is a great actor & has had Draco on the spot for all these years…I mean, even when he was little, he still made you hate him & that shows the talent he has

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on April 03, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i love tom felton interviews, i can’t wait to see all of his scenes in HBP!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 03, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Superb!

Posted by Matea on April 03, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Superb!

Posted by Matea on April 03, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Thats sweeet

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on April 03, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[i]Mr. Weasley was unavailable for comment, although his wife told reporters to clear off or she'd set the family ghoul on them.[/i]