Rumor Alert: Bathilda Bagshot Casting for Deathly Hallows and More (Updated)

DH Film
April 03, 2009, 09:09 AM

Rumor Alert: More casting rumors today regarding the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

First up: UK character actress Hazel Douglas has reportedly been cast as Bathilda Bagshot, the author of "A History of Magic," longtime friend to Albus Dumbledore, and unwitting source to scandal monger Rita Skeeter. Readers will also recall of course the dramatic and terrifying scenes at Godric's Hollow involving Bathilda's errm being. You can see her photo here.  As with all of these reports, we must await official confirmation that will arrive when WB issues a formal announcement. Until then, a rumor this must remain, despite multiple solid sourcing which we at TLC believe to be accurate.

A second report arrived last night regarding the young actor Jamie Campbell BowerA columnist for the Daily Mail states that the actor (seen recently in Sweeney Todd)," is in final negotiations to portray Gellert Grindelwald  -  one of the most dangerous dark wizards of all time (in Harry Potter lore anyway), second only to Voldemort." You can see photos of Jamie here in our Image galleries. The report then continues to state that the early filming for the movie is focusing on parts involving the Trio, and further notes: "The trio have done several action sequences, and Daniel and Emma have been working with a choreographer for some big wedding scenes that will be shot in the summer." This would correspond of course to the wedding of Bill and Fleur, and working well with the reports TLC first told you regarding the casting of Bill Weasley, and the filming and building of the set for Shell Cottage in Wales.

UPDATE: TLC has been working independently to learn more this report of casting for young Grindlewald, and while multiple sources are unable to confirm this on the record at this time,TLC now believes this to be an accurate report.  Worth noting: Jamie Campbell Bower recently stated he has been cast in the Twilight sequel "New Moon," playing one of the Volturi Vampires, and there are multiple rumors abounding about his potential involvement in other giant blockbusters, even things such as Spidey the musical. As exciting as all of this seems, we caution that official confirmation on these and all of the other DH casting reports of late will not arrive until WB makes their formal announcement

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

06_thumb

WOW Jamie Bower sure is raking up those roles, isn’t he?
The Bathilda casting is …interesting.

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on April 03, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

hmmm now where else have i seen her?

Posted by chocolaterabbits on April 03, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

yay!! we’re getting the wedding scenes!!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 03, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Rh_thumb

She looks exactly what I thought Bathilda looked like!

Posted by penguin_freak on April 03, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

Hate to sound like a fangirl and Jamie’s in Twilight too so I sound like even more of one, but Jamie is PRETTY and I think he would make a great young Grindelwald. Hazel looks awesome for Bathilda, I guess I never had a picture in my mind of what she’d look like because i kept thinking of the snake, so that’s fine with me. The Dan and Emma thing makes me happyhappyhappy-I was crossing my fingers, toes, and tonsils for the wedding to be in, but i’m a bit confused as to the only Dan and Emma doing it thing, but i suppose Rupert maybe hasn’t started filming yet, (or just has sick mad dancing skills and has no need for a choreographer) , but Harry doesn’t dance at the wedding with anyone, so that’s kinda odd. yay! casting!

Posted by kayzz on April 03, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

God she’s Perfect!! I have chills just looking at her. That scene freaks me OUT to this day! I can’t think about it or I won’t be able to sleep!!!! Yikes!

Posted by cghambright on April 03, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I think Jamie Campbell Bower would be PERFECT as yound Grindlewald. He has the right look. Almost exactly how I pictured him. So I really hope this is true. He was great in Sweeney Todd…it kinda sucks that he’s also in Twilight because that’s probably just going to increase the whole HP vs. Twilight bullcrap! But oh well, GREAT CASTING!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 03, 2009, 06:57 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

AWESOME!!! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on April 03, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

YAY!!!!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 03, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I love Jamie for young Grindelwald! :D And I wanna see a young Dumbledore soon! Squee!!! I wanna see scenes of the young Dumbledore and Grindelwald like, right now! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 04, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

sweeeeeet
wedding
bathilda
grindelwald
awesome.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 04, 2009, 07:38 AM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Oh for the love of god just cast Clemence Poesy and be done with it so I can finally relax a little! Glad to hear the wedding news and I think Jamie makes a far better Grindlewald than he does Caius from New Moon. He is WAY too young to play Caius (horrible casting choice), but absolutely perfect for Grindlewald!

Posted by bella vita on April 04, 2009, 08:19 AM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Wow, that’s a lot of casting information to take in…i’m glad that these characters are being cast and that a wedding scene is being planned!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 04, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator
Picture_1006_thumb

I think both are perfect! Pretty close to how I pictured them:)

Posted by Kayla87 on April 04, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Hp_geek_thumb

Yes! Great!

Posted by Christy on April 04, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Professor McGonagall poked a large spoon into the nearest tureen.[br]"Tripe, Sibyll?"[br]Professor Trelawney ignored her.