Rumor Alert: Bathilda Bagshot Casting for Deathly Hallows and More (Updated)

DH Film
April 03, 2009, 09:09 AM

Rumor Alert: More casting rumors today regarding the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

First up: UK character actress Hazel Douglas has reportedly been cast as Bathilda Bagshot, the author of "A History of Magic," longtime friend to Albus Dumbledore, and unwitting source to scandal monger Rita Skeeter. Readers will also recall of course the dramatic and terrifying scenes at Godric's Hollow involving Bathilda's errm being. You can see her photo here.  As with all of these reports, we must await official confirmation that will arrive when WB issues a formal announcement. Until then, a rumor this must remain, despite multiple solid sourcing which we at TLC believe to be accurate.

A second report arrived last night regarding the young actor Jamie Campbell BowerA columnist for the Daily Mail states that the actor (seen recently in Sweeney Todd)," is in final negotiations to portray Gellert Grindelwald  -  one of the most dangerous dark wizards of all time (in Harry Potter lore anyway), second only to Voldemort." You can see photos of Jamie here in our Image galleries. The report then continues to state that the early filming for the movie is focusing on parts involving the Trio, and further notes: "The trio have done several action sequences, and Daniel and Emma have been working with a choreographer for some big wedding scenes that will be shot in the summer." This would correspond of course to the wedding of Bill and Fleur, and working well with the reports TLC first told you regarding the casting of Bill Weasley, and the filming and building of the set for Shell Cottage in Wales.

UPDATE: TLC has been working independently to learn more this report of casting for young Grindlewald, and while multiple sources are unable to confirm this on the record at this time,TLC now believes this to be an accurate report.  Worth noting: Jamie Campbell Bower recently stated he has been cast in the Twilight sequel "New Moon," playing one of the Volturi Vampires, and there are multiple rumors abounding about his potential involvement in other giant blockbusters, even things such as Spidey the musical. As exciting as all of this seems, we caution that official confirmation on these and all of the other DH casting reports of late will not arrive until WB makes their formal announcement

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Slytherin_thumb

I really don’t know what to think… so many death eaters and dark wizard in sweeny todd… now its grindelwald _ Poor johnny i hope he gets a part.. lol

Posted by Mistress_Of_Voldemort on April 03, 2009, 10:38 AM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

Didn’t Jamie Campbell Bower announce a while back that he was cast to play the teenage Voldemort in HBP? Seems this kid has an overactive publicity machine. I guess he dying to be in an HP film! But if it’s true this time, he’ll make as good a Grindelwald as anyone. One can certainly see why a young Dumbledore would have a crush on him.

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on April 03, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

I think Hazel Douglas will make a great Bathilda Bagshot. That would be fun for her if she got to act some part of the dead/snakey scenes!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 03, 2009, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

WHAT!!!!

Ok so I’m glad that Bagshot etc is being cast – that I can TOTALLY deal with…

But they forgot to say the Rupert is learning to dance… And anyway – Dan isn’t even spos to be in the Wedding scene – what happened to the polyjuice?

They can’t dance – Harry and Hermione – spos to be Ron… They better have just forgotten!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 03, 2009, 10:54 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Good work TLC

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on April 03, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope both of these actors are casted. I think both of them would suit their respective roles perfectly!

Posted by Kirk on April 03, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Although im glad WB are including such vital scenes i am already afraid of how scary the Bathilda scene will be!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on April 03, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
N1314356338_7633_thumb
20582 Points

wow!! its all coming together!!

Posted by ٭Ĥ☻ğđ☻ъъÿ٭ Ř☻äř٭ on April 03, 2009, 11:26 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

THE WEDDING:
My guess is that since Clémence Poésy has said that she has not been asked to return for DH, that the wedding will be Lupin and Tonks, NOT Bill & Fleur. I would prefer that they keep the Bill & Fleur storyline as is, but I am not holding my breath.

Posted by realspace on April 03, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator

jeez that kid is getting cast in everything at the moment!

Posted by Celtise [TTW] on April 03, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_avatar_thumb

Oh my goodness. I can’t help but look at that sweet lady’s face and imagine a snake coming out of it! I feel horrible! :(

Posted by RavenclawForever on April 03, 2009, 11:39 AM report to moderator

Heh. I guess Steve Kloves decided to change the R/Hr dancing scene into Harry/Hermione one.

Can’t say I’m surprised, Kloves never got anything right.

Posted by j@m on April 03, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I’m so glad a wedding and Godrics Hollow scene are being kept in. I think Hazel Douglas looks great for Bathilda.

Posted by The Niffler [WBM!] on April 03, 2009, 11:47 AM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

She is so perfect , exactly how i imagined her !

Posted by FrancescaElle on April 03, 2009, 11:49 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

this entire article is made of WIN. if even half of it is true we are going to get a fantastic movie. also I’m not holding my breathe for the entire wedding ceremony but now I AM holding out for the reception. SQUEE!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on April 03, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator

"I went to see Professor McGonagall this morning, just before breakfast. I've decided to drop Muggle Studies."[br]"But you passed your exam with three hundred and twenty percent!" said Ron.