"Paranoia" Core of Half-Blood Prince Story Says Dan Radcliffe

Radcliffe
April 28, 2009, 04:37 PM

Wizard Universe has posted a new interview with actor Dan Radcliffe, who weighs in on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the article, Dan address the question of what he feels is at the core of the upcoming sixth Harry Potter movie:

"Paranoia. There's a very strong scene in the film that's all about Harry's increasing paranoia about Draco Malfoy becoming a member of the Death Eaters. Also, it seems a big part of all the films, but death. We're even closer to it in this one because Dumbledore is dying and knows he has to die. And the image of this old man knowing all that is a very very sad one. But he carries on anyway. He doesn't give up and he absolutely fights until the last minute."

Dan also reflects on which is his favorite scene in the film, one which involves a Weasley who is our King, as played by Rupert Grint.
I think that I like the quieter scenes. There's a lot of action but the quieter scenes will, generally speaking, be where the heart is. That's not to say there aren't some emotionally quite intense action sequences, but when there are just two people sitting down talking the stakes are very much higher, emotionally. My favorite scene in the film, actually, is one that I'm not in, which is probably not that surprising because I hate watching myself. It's with Rupert (Ron) in Quidditch practice, and its genuine laugh-out-loud funny. And I don't laugh out loud that easily.

Thanks much to our Order partner DanRadcliffe.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Dan hates watching himself??? He is over-modest! :)

Posted by Pollytomat on April 29, 2009, 03:24 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i love dan…

Fish_02_thumb

i love rupert! he’s so great at comedy.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 29, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see the Quidditch scenes!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 29, 2009, 05:47 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

amazing!

Posted by DanielleD on April 29, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am very excited that Quidditch is making a come back. I thought, that though OOTP was very well done, I was missed the Quidditch story line. Ron looks great in the goalie get-up! Go Gryffendor!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on April 29, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb

can’t come soon enough

Posted by FrancescaElle on April 29, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Cool. I’m definitely looking forward to the Draco and Ron scenes.

Posted by badger666 on April 29, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator

Dan’s modesty has always been there even with the first film. I want to think that this is just British self-deprecation but I kinda agree with Trisha in the first page. Dan’s castmates just tend to talk about themselves and their scenes although that could be due to the interviewer too.

I agree with the Paranoia theme and I hope they film the quieter moments well. Dumbledore knowing that he’s going to die kinda takes away the suspense so I hope they give it a more poignant atmospehere in the movie.

Posted by pensive on April 29, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I can’t wait to see that scene in the film!!! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on April 30, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

i like harry potter :)

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 30, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator
54e418b51d8db03a8e6d72ec049e9220_5844030_thumb

i am so excited! and quidditch will be amazing! well tbh i just love rupert in anything lol :P

Posted by E.Weasley. [ravenvlog ♥'s me] {WBM} on April 30, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I cannot wait to see Rupert is all his comedic glory.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 30, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Good interview. I seriously can’t wait!! :)

Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

SPOILER. cant wait to see the rupert scbee, this seems like it will be the funniest movie yet

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 30, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator

Dear Mr. Potter,[br][p] We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.[/p][p]Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no l

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014