I See Sea Shells on Shell Cottage (Updated)

HBP Film
April 28, 2009, 05:46 PM

As a follow now to the first photos TLC first brought you several days ago of Shell Cottage currently under construction for use in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, two new photos are now online. The public group for the Pembroke area of Wales on Flickr now has two new photos of the ongoing work, including one of a nearly completed roof of the cottage, made entirely of sea shells, here. UPDATE: Thanks to Chris and Pete for mailing in some wonderful new photos, taken yesterday at the location in Wales, which you can see here in our galleries.

Reminder: Location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place on Freshwater Beach in Pembrokeshire National Park area of Wales May 11 through the 15th. TLC hopes to have a crew there to cover all the filming, however if you are in the area, please send in your reports, photos, and videos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Thanks much to Flickr group Pembrokeshire and user tomix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

exactly how i pictured it, only smaller. can’t wait to see the finished product!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 28, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Normal_books_chapterart_dh_017_thumb

Wow! It looks Great!

Posted by ErinV*Roar* on April 28, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

That looks soooo cool!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 29, 2009, 01:17 AM report to moderator

It looks beautiful.

I like that. :-)

Posted by Lily_Severus on April 29, 2009, 01:28 AM report to moderator
600full-harry-potter-and-the-deathly-hallows_-part-2-screenshot_thumb

Whoo hoo awesome im so excited for the deathly Hallows ! Shell Cottage is one of my favourite scenes thats great !

Posted by maddison R-O-A-R on April 29, 2009, 03:25 AM report to moderator

Looks fantastic!!! Brilliant. Just like in the book. Really looking forward to it.

Posted by Spook on April 29, 2009, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

It’s pretty. I wish i could live there…

Posted by Salame on April 29, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

It looks Great!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 29, 2009, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Well, I’m sorry to disagree with the majority but I think this building looks like something out of Disney World, impossibly twee. This monstrosity features in one of the saddest moments in DH in the middle of a war. I find the whole concept vulgar and inappropriate, and very out of keeping with the rest of the architectural concepts in the film series.

Posted by Graymayne on April 29, 2009, 04:36 AM report to moderator
Nymphadora_6_thumb

Its not how I pictured it, but it looks really cool. They have done w wonderfl job with all the scenes in all the moives, and is one is just as great.

Posted by HPfan13 on April 29, 2009, 04:58 AM report to moderator

haha that is so cool!!!

Posted by Freya-Storm on April 29, 2009, 05:09 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

That’s great! That level of detail makes me feel really excited about what they’re going to do with DH!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on April 29, 2009, 05:46 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

whoot they start on my bithday 11 may hoping i can get down there to see what going on that would be a fab bithday present

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on April 29, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator

Not exactly how I imagined it but it is still good

Posted by annheim, OoM4 on April 29, 2009, 07:01 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I LOVE it! I’m really impressed with the set design for these films. I think Shell Cottage will look fantastic on screen, just like the ministry and Umbridge’s office in OOTP. What great work!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 29, 2009, 07:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team? It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money -- you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."