I See Sea Shells on Shell Cottage (Updated)

HBP Film
April 28, 2009, 05:46 PM

As a follow now to the first photos TLC first brought you several days ago of Shell Cottage currently under construction for use in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, two new photos are now online. The public group for the Pembroke area of Wales on Flickr now has two new photos of the ongoing work, including one of a nearly completed roof of the cottage, made entirely of sea shells, here. UPDATE: Thanks to Chris and Pete for mailing in some wonderful new photos, taken yesterday at the location in Wales, which you can see here in our galleries.

Reminder: Location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows will take place on Freshwater Beach in Pembrokeshire National Park area of Wales May 11 through the 15th. TLC hopes to have a crew there to cover all the filming, however if you are in the area, please send in your reports, photos, and videos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Thanks much to Flickr group Pembrokeshire and user tomix!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Menkit_thumb

Hah! That looks so neat :) exactly how I had it picture in my head. I think they did a great job!

Posted by Sarabi on April 28, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I like the roof :) Very nice.

Posted by Christine on April 28, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

wow that looks so cool. ooo they are filming soon. hope we get some good pics of the filming. it will be a good week for news that week , hopefully!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on April 28, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Posted by Sarabi on April 28, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Harrylight_thumb

How cool is this! That whole scene will be just fabulous with the juxtaposition of the tragedy set against such a beautiful setting. I’m crying already :(

Posted by HarryLight {OoM4,CW}[Squee] on April 28, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator

I LOVE IT!!! The roof is so cool.

Posted by mlc on April 28, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

haha..it looks funny… but so sweet. like from fairytale : )
totally wicked!

Posted by Matea on April 28, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I always pictured it as just one big shell. but bravo to the set crew that has to put on all those shells individually. yikes!

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on April 28, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Looks like they’re getting really into details for DH. Good for WB.

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on April 28, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

That’s pretty adorable. I would live there.
I wonder what they will do with it when they’re all done.

Posted by Lysh on April 28, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

omg this is gret :D

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on April 28, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoaa that’s so awesome!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 28, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

Whoa- now there’s a Shell Cottage.

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on April 28, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

That is so amazing! It’s odd to think that they are putting so much effort into a movie set that will only be used a few times.

Posted by raven_puff on April 28, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Tlcpic_thumb

Hey, that looks cool! Making the roof out of shells is a great idea! It’ll be great in DH.

Posted by LexNox6 on April 28, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

[Ron] let go of the gnome's ankles: It flew twenty feet into the air and landed with a thud in the field over the hedge.[br]"Pitiful," said Fred. "I bet I can get mine beyond that stump."