JK Rowling to Attend Harry Potter, the Exhibit?

Movies
April 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

Following on our report from last night, previews begin today for Harry Potter, the Exhibit. NWI is giving a few new details on the event, and noted that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling reviewed the plans for the massive exhibit, which features over 200 props and sets seen in the Harry Potter films. The president of the Exhibit group is quoted as saying "Rowling reviewed the exhibit plans and may try to see the show during its five-month run. "She's got a very, very active schedule," Newquist cautioned." TLC is trying to learn more about this possible visit, and will update with more when we can.

While yesterday we learned of the new guide and photos, here, today new details about the Exhibit itself include: Fans visiting the event will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express
( "so you feel like you've arrived at Hogwarts," one source said.) Also, there will be floating candles in the Great Halls set display, Professor Slughorn's costume will be added from Half-Blood Prince, and there are to be video interviews with the special-effects teams and costume designers playing in various points of the exhibit.

Finally, the paper notes: "The museum will host Snape-worthy chemistry labs during the show's run. Children also can dissect owl pellets, and test their senses of smell and taste by sampling Bertie Bott-style jelly beans. Happily, grumpy Prof. Snape will not be in attendance to rap wayward pupils' heads. Since Warner Bros. Consumer Products is backing the exhibit, expect the show to exit into a giant gift shop."

Harry Potter, the Exhibit is taking place at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago running April 30 - September 27 and is open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. NO cameras are being allowed in the Exhibit. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged due to high demand. You can purchase tickets via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

20040820-205rp_thumb

Squee, finally some HP fun in the midwest!!!!! We never get anything exciting, and now JKR might come!!! I was planning on going anyway, but now I am going to wait around and see if she’s actually coming.

Posted by queequeg on April 26, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I received an invitation at the roundtable conference call but sadly, i could not attend because im out of the U.S., i’m here in SouthEast Asia.

Posted by EnricoDc on April 26, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The more I learn about it, the more excited I am that I am going with my family to see the exhibit! I do hope that J.K. Rowling is able to accommodate time in her schedule to visit this fabulous collection of the effort and labor of the people behind the films.

Posted by Kirk on April 26, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

I so want to go to that!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on April 26, 2009, 01:32 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

uggg!!! i want tooo gooo !!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 26, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

I wannna go SO badly ! NYC is kinda far from Chicago, I hope I’ll be able to go! It’d be cool if JKR shows up !

Posted by Heroine Luna on April 26, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

now i REALLY want to go! i hope this exhibit comes to new york.

“Happily, grumpy Prof. Snape will not be in attendance to rap wayward pupils’ heads. " oh, but it would be so much more amazing if snape was there :D

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 26, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Gah, I wish I could go D:

Posted by Sarabi on April 26, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

the pictures just made me feel so depressed. since i live in the U.S. but i can’t go see it.. :( texas is like hours and hours from Chicago :( ..
but it sounds really good. i wish i could go…

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on April 26, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

I wish they would let you bring cameras…..sad

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 26, 2009, 02:50 PM report to moderator
Movies_hbp_5trailerhd_042_thumb

This sounds so exciting! i wish i could go!

Posted by StuckWithHarryღ[ROAR] on April 26, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

That is too cool.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 26, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator

I woud love to go and visit the Museum!

Posted by on April 26, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Rachchloe_thumb

I am going to be there opening night! I love being a chicagoin.

Posted by Rachezee on April 26, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

omg! its right by me! lol im going on my birthday! =]

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on April 26, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator

"Harry, you help yourself to anything you want, all right? No charge."[br]"I can't do that!" said Harry, who had already pulled out his money-bag to pay for the Decoy Detonators.[br]"You don't pay here," said Fred firmly, waving away Harry's gold.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014