JK Rowling to Attend Harry Potter, the Exhibit?

Movies
April 26, 2009, 07:38 AM

Following on our report from last night, previews begin today for Harry Potter, the Exhibit. NWI is giving a few new details on the event, and noted that Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling reviewed the plans for the massive exhibit, which features over 200 props and sets seen in the Harry Potter films. The president of the Exhibit group is quoted as saying "Rowling reviewed the exhibit plans and may try to see the show during its five-month run. "She's got a very, very active schedule," Newquist cautioned." TLC is trying to learn more about this possible visit, and will update with more when we can.

While yesterday we learned of the new guide and photos, here, today new details about the Exhibit itself include: Fans visiting the event will be greeted by the Hogwarts Express
( "so you feel like you've arrived at Hogwarts," one source said.) Also, there will be floating candles in the Great Halls set display, Professor Slughorn's costume will be added from Half-Blood Prince, and there are to be video interviews with the special-effects teams and costume designers playing in various points of the exhibit.

Finally, the paper notes: "The museum will host Snape-worthy chemistry labs during the show's run. Children also can dissect owl pellets, and test their senses of smell and taste by sampling Bertie Bott-style jelly beans. Happily, grumpy Prof. Snape will not be in attendance to rap wayward pupils' heads. Since Warner Bros. Consumer Products is backing the exhibit, expect the show to exit into a giant gift shop."

Harry Potter, the Exhibit is taking place at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago running April 30 - September 27 and is open 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays. NO cameras are being allowed in the Exhibit. Advance reservations are strongly encouraged due to high demand. You can purchase tickets via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Micleakyavatar_thumb

First comment? I wish I could attend as well… :(

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 26, 2009, 07:53 AM report to moderator
Howling_wolf_2__thumb

Oooooh! Sounds good!!! I really want to go to that, but I can’t because I live in England.

Posted by nicole 313 (WBM) on April 26, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Hmmm…I wish I could go, but no luck. If it were in the UK…:(

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 26, 2009, 07:55 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

why is it all the fab harry potter stuff is happing in the usa why not the uk am not so happy now some tell the powers that be hay it filmed in uk please have more thing in the uk like this
sorry rant over with

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on April 26, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

IF SOMEBODY SEES THIS CAN THEY TELL ME IF IT’S COMING TO THE UK??? (OWL ME!!!) – PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! :D

Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Please let it come to the uk! I could see it being in the 02 centre! I will pray!

Posted by AbiDumbledore on April 26, 2009, 08:06 AM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

that’s cool… come to UK though!! XD Be well worth it!! XD

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on April 26, 2009, 08:11 AM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

I’m right here, I am so there, even if its just to see jo for a minute =D

Posted by splinch on April 26, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

O.K. I’m sad. I’m going in three weeks to see this in Chicago and I CAN’T BRING MY CAMERA? WTH? I CAN’T BRING MY CAMERA???

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 26, 2009, 08:45 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

So I don’t see why this couldn’t work:

JKR comes to Chicago to visit the exhibit sometime in say, MAY (do you see where this is going?) – then, since she’s on this side of the Atlantic anyway…she could hop a flight to BOSTON to visit a gathering of some fans that might be meeting at the time….maybe in time for a podcast Q&A?

Oh, YEAH! That’s what I’m talking about!!! Best LeakyCon ever!

Posted by realspace on April 26, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

cool

Posted by McGiggles92 on April 26, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

She should go and see it

(totally agree! BRING IT TO THE UK!!! PLEASE!!!!)

Posted by PewterWolf on April 26, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Ugh! Wish I could go! :(

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 26, 2009, 08:54 AM report to moderator

This is sounding more and more exciting. I must now alter our travel plans and go to Chicago with kids in tow.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 26, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Bring that exhibit to the UK and I would definitely try to go and see it..

Posted by MischiefManaged on April 26, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator

"After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."