Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

I_love_the_weasley_twins_normal_thumb

That is so cool! I can barely remember the first two movies so I suppose it would be a good idea to refresh my memory before HBP is released! :D

Posted by Bethany on April 27, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Xpseudonym_ravenclaw_thumb

That’s just beyond cool. Why don’t we get that in the US?

Posted by liebedance ~Moony~ [wren] [WBM] on April 27, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator

Lucky Australians!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 27, 2009, 08:24 PM report to moderator
Dsc08588_thumb

Oh, that’s so cool! It’s not quite the same, but the day before OOTP came out here in Missouri, they showed all of the films in a row. I thought that was quite fun, but having them rereleased over several weeks is even better!

Posted by Jade Danielle (WBM) on April 27, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Badgers_thumb

ZOMG it about time we aussies get something harry potter related and COOOOOOL. now, to scrounge for the money! hmm 16th birthday pressie looks like i have found it :D

Posted by Tiahn on April 27, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator
Harrylisa_thumb

that is so cool!!!!!! i wish they would do that where i live!!!! cuz sadly, i have NEVER seen a harry potter movie in a theatre. :(((((((((

Posted by weasley1497 ღROARღ on April 27, 2009, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I can’t believe they’re not doing that in the US

Posted by Jersey on April 27, 2009, 10:35 PM report to moderator

This makes me laugh.. I don’t know why all the Americans are complaining if they already have all the DVDs!
I doubt I will go.. unless its a Tight-Arse-Tuesday!

Posted by WickedLoz on April 27, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

SOOOO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 27, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

And may i add WHY DOES AUSTRALIA GET ALL THE COOL MOVIE STUFF! THEY GOT THE NEW STAR TREK LIKE A MONTH BEFORE US!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 27, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator

the one time australia does anything cool and im not in the country, just my luck!

Posted by ilovethepotters on April 27, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Audrey-hepburn-cigarette-holder_thumb

Hoyts is the big movie theatre chain in Australia. I’m glad we’re doing something cool like that coz the UK and US get everything, like the conventions and exhibitions and fantastic movie premieres, but we get this which is good!

Posted by chocolattewizard on April 28, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

I wish the same thing happened in Italy!!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 28, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
Eye_thumb

Yay for us in Australia!

Posted by super_surf_29 on April 28, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
L_8ebe2796c3714392aee9699a9290030a_thumb

OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I am absolutley freaking the hell out, so excited for this! :D :D :D :D

Posted by RC ϟ - #1HARRYPOTTERFAN on April 29, 2009, 02:47 AM report to moderator

"I have no hesitation in saying that James would have been highly disappointed if his son had never found any of the secret passages out of the castle."