Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Undesirble_no_thumb

this sucks man sure i live in Australia but since im going holiday on june 27th im gonna miss out the rest of the movies, and even half blood prince!

Posted by Kams on April 26, 2009, 11:25 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

That would be awesome if they did this in the US.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 26, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

YAY!!!!! Finally something for us devoted Aussie fans!!!! This news has made my day!!!! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on April 27, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

HELL YEAH! Its about time we got something like this….i will most def be going to all 5 as many times as possible :-)

Posted by Tonks_21 on April 27, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
2v8o186_thumb

OMG THAT IS AWESOME!!! Finally something for us Aussies LOL

Posted by morgannnn yo! {roar} on April 27, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

meh. i saw them all in theaters. :) ah, the memories lol.

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on April 27, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

I’m so jealous! I’ll just have my own little theatre re-run,,,

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 27, 2009, 02:46 AM report to moderator
Harry_ginny_kiss_book7_thumb

Squee!!!
So excited (I live in the wonderful OZ)! But I am sure the tickets will cost a bunch — just another way for HOYTS to make money probably.
Still, it is a great idea. A true refresher of the harry potter films.
;)

Posted by pink_duckie_dancer on April 27, 2009, 03:39 AM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

That is a very good idea…and vaguely familiar…why do I recognize…?

Oh that’s right! I was thinking of asking my dinky little small town theater to run a similar screening marathon. Not going to happen though…. :/

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on April 27, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

They are so lucky!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 27, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That’s soooo COOL!!! THey seriously need to do that in the US!! I would love to see all of the movies on the big screen again!!! Please do it in the US!!! fingers crossed!

Posted by cghambright on April 27, 2009, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Wow, that’s awesome! Finally something exclusive to Australia. I knew I was born in this country for a reason.
I might make it out to a few films, not sure if I have the money to see all 5. I also have to look for Hoyts cinemas.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on April 27, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

Luce-Lupin , I don’t know what you are talking about! We ARE getting HBP on the same day as the US, July 15th, but because of the time difference we actually get it earlier, so there is nothing to complain about.

As for the person asking for a marathon in one day for a combo price, that would be a bit tricky given that if you put all the films together it would be over 12 hours. Not everyone has the time or the inclination to sit in a cinema for 12 hours straight.

I find it a pleasant surprise that Hoyts is doing that and I plan to watch them all again at the cinema because while the DVD’s are great, nothing beats the cinema experience.

Posted by mouse68 on April 27, 2009, 04:23 AM report to moderator

yay :D cant wait.

Posted by lisa.hp27 on April 27, 2009, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Img_0705_thumb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M GONNA SEE ALL OF THEM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M IN SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH SHOCK THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by SlytherinGirl911 [FTC] ^HISS^ on April 27, 2009, 05:23 AM report to moderator

"Your aunt and uncle will be proud, though, won't they?" said Hermione... "When they hear what you did this year?"[br]"Proud?" said Harry. "Are you crazy? All those time I could've died, and I didn't manage it? They'll be furious...."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014