Australian Fans to See Theatrical Re-Release of Harry Potter Films Before Half-Blood Prince

Movies
April 26, 2009, 10:31 AM

Fans in Australia will be able to watch all the Harry Potter films on the big screen again as part of the build up to the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Longtime TLC reader Donna let us know that starting June 11, Hoyts movie theaters will be screening Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. This will be followed with re-releases of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on June 18, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 25, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire starts July 2, with Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix due to screen July 9th. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will then open in Australia on July 15.

Thanks Donna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hermione_stills84a_thumb

That is so cool! I’ve always wanted movie theaters to do that with series movies!!! That would get a lot of people to go to the theaters and spend a lot of money, too! I doubt the US would pick that up, though… and even if they did at $7.50 a ticket, I couldn’t afford to go to all of them!!! That just makes me sad :(

I’m glad the Aussie’s are getting something though! They always seem to be left out :(

Posted by PineappleCrush on April 26, 2009, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Sweet, I’m super excited! Finally us Aussies get something awesome no one else does! Yay! Though I do wish everyone else was doing this in other countries…

Posted by joelface on April 26, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’d love this. I saw OotP in Imax, and it was wonderful.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 26, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator

That’s cool.

Posted by badger666 on April 26, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

WOW so awesome! Would I ever start booking off work right now! Haha. I hope a Canadian/American chain picks up the idea!

Posted by Smitch on April 26, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_siggy_thumb

all I got to say is LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY!

Posted by harrypotterlover10 on April 26, 2009, 05:55 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

It’s a nice idea to attract more audience to the theatres. They should do it worldwide.

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on April 26, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

YES!!!!!! This is awesome! It’s about time something happened in Australia! I am definitely going!!!

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 26, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

OMG, that is so cool, I was just saying I wish our theaters would do this here! I wonder if any will take note? Pleasepleaseplease??? I would love to see them all on the big screen again!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 26, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator

The only Harry Potter I haven’t seen in theatres was the Philosopher’s Stone! I hope they re-release them here in Canada, too!

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 26, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Cadoyp57_thumb

Such a good idea! Hope they do it here too!

Posted by PigmyPuffPie on April 26, 2009, 06:35 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

This is SOO awesome!
The first movie I saw on the big screen was GOF – I can’t wait to see POA especially! :D

Posted by Ravenclawed on April 26, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

I guess it’d be too much to hope that they’re also re-releasing the Imax version?

That would be SUPER awesome.

Posted by Ravenclawed on April 26, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Goficons-mmarauder-14_thumb

Yay finally us in Aust has something cool to do thats potter related

Posted by Remus_Rocks on April 26, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

that’s what im gonna do at home, watch all the hp movies then at midnight BAM go see HBP, muhaha, I cannot wait!!!!

Posted by Brianna on April 26, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator

[Cho] smiled at him and departed. He walked on, feeling quietly elated. He had managed to have an entire conversation with her and not embarrassed himself once... [i]You were really brave standing up to her like that...[/i] She had called him brave... She