Rumor Alert: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD Due November 19th?

HBP Film
April 25, 2009, 12:17 PM

With the sixth Harry Potter film due in theaters this July, there are already rumors of when the DVD might be released. A German BluRay website is reporting today that possibly the Blu- Ray disc of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released in late fall to be part of the Christmas holiday shopping season, with a possible November 19th release date. In addition, many websites are starting to add "notify when available for pre-order" links to Half-Blood Prince DVD, such as Amazon.  Please note, as exciting as this date may seem, this most certainly has not been confirmed by Warner Brothers yet, and should be considered a rumor for the time being.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

Awesome! I’m going to Amazon right now!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on April 25, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

Oh God Dont tell me about the DVD I am still dying to see the film in the theaters! The film is just so far away! July,why July? The capitalism is really cruel!

Posted by Tamyris on April 25, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

Just in time for Christmas… now my kids will know what to get for me!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 25, 2009, 07:38 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

HBP DVD out for Christmas! You do surprise me!! (heavy sarcasm).

Posted by Graymayne on April 25, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Fef_efe_thumb

Ya I figured it would be out before Christmas time. But a release this early…it would be really awesome.

Posted by DilltheMuggle on April 25, 2009, 07:48 PM report to moderator
143_thumb

Super Awesome early Hanuka Gift!!!!!
yay

Posted by LifeInAPizzaBox on April 25, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

Haha, suffer New Moon!
Nah, I’m just excited to see HBP at all – I already know it’s going to be a superior movie in every aspect compared to anything the Twilight people can produce…

Posted by joelface on April 25, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

That’s wierd…does it normallly take that long for a dvd to come out?

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on April 25, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator
Avatarhghbp_thumb

It’s perfectly normal. Most big releases come out four months after the release of the film in the cinema.

Posted by mouse68 on April 25, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
Dsc01855_thumb

Same day New Moon is released! Awesome!

Posted by jessh324 on April 25, 2009, 09:48 PM report to moderator
781875269_029f43fa6f_1__thumb

hey does anyone know how long the half blood prince movie is because like for once i wish the movie director makes it atleast 2 and 1/2 hours for the harry potter fans out there cause as far as length of movie goes it’s been dissapointing

Posted by Haha123 on April 25, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

That will be amazing! crosses fingers

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 25, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
N1081704126_19359_1414_thumb

Need it, want it, gotta have it!! I need to continue to increase my collection.
But I know I’m going to buy the entire collection once all the movies are out on Blu-Ray….UGH!!

Posted by Runwild101 (Robby) on April 25, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

okay good. i heard somewhere that WB was ONLY releasing all of their movies on blue-ray, and that would suck cause i don’t and will not likely own one in the near future. nobody i know has one, and maybe they’ll be like DVD players and get less exppensive, but that takes YEARS.

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on April 26, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Yay! I hope the DVD does come out then, the earlier the better. But I’d doubt I’d wait for somebody to give it to me for Christmas. Maybe I can get my parents to buy it for me as an early Christmas present.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 26, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I can't see any boils," said Ron, staring at the twins.[br]"No, well, you wouldn't," said Fred darkly, "they're not in a place we generally display to the public --"[br]"-- but they make sitting on a broom a right pain in the --"