USA TODAY: Burrow Attack Scene in Half-Blood Prince a Standout Scene

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 10:34 PM

We've known for many months now, even witnessed footage seen in the newest trailer, that there is to be an attack on the Burrow included in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In their guide to Summer movies, the USA Today has a very brief preview of the film, and notes the events at the Burrow are a "Standout Scene." While this preview is only a few sentences long, it does contain a cool new detail and slight description of the attack:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 17)
Warner Bros.

The principals (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint) return for the sixth installment, as Lord Voldemort's threat hangs heavier over Hogwarts as Dumbledore prepares Harry for the final battle with his ultimate foe. Meanwhile, adolescent hormones run wild through the corridors of the academy.

Standout scene: While visiting Harry and the Weasleys, part-werewolf Lupin (David Thewlis) catches a strange scent outdoors. Soon huge snake-like flames slither toward the house as Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) appears and leads Harry into the marshes while fire begins to consume the porch and walls.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

I’m fine with new, cool scenes, but if they have time to add new scences then don’t they have time to add more things from the book. I feel that they should do that instead.

Posted by friendofblob on April 26, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
32608zebra-702442_thumb

Having fallen madly in love with Lupin, I’m thrilled for any screentime he can get! David Thewlis’ voice is so perfect- everything he does makes Remus come to life. It seems that (according to this article) if he didn’t ‘scent’ the trouble, the whole Weasley/Harry clan would be fried to a crisp. So….. GO WEREWOLF SENSES!

Posted by Zwhite on April 26, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

It always throws me when they change something for the films, but this sounds like it will be really exciting. (And, we know-it-all fans will have a fun surprise, right? Right?)

49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I’m optimistic about the HBP film.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 26, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

The snake-y fire sounds cool! And, Yay, a scene with Remus Lupin in it!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 26, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Me_chris_snap_thumb

The scene I will really miss is Dumbledore’s funeral. It was so cinematic when I read it – I just knew how to shoot that scene. And now I wont see it – sigh…

Posted by Vineeth Thomas on April 26, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Glad Lupin will be in the film at least once lol, he really got ripped off in OotP, sorry just my opinion(I’m a big Lupin fan). Funny how one of the scenes NOT in the book is a stand out scene…hmmm. this is going to be a good movie regardless of any of that I’m sure. I just wish they wouldn’t change so much. anyway, no more complaining, can’t wait to see it in July!!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on April 27, 2009, 02:34 AM report to moderator
Images-2_thumb

The scene at the burrow just doesn’t make sense. Harry doesn’t wander off from the burrow because it’s so safe. The protection it has is an inconvenience to the Weaslys. I hope this is the only huge change they make.

Posted by Pottiehead on April 27, 2009, 04:16 AM report to moderator

I agree! Why add this scene when there’s so many great scenes that they’re leaving out. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Posted by AletheaR on April 27, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

I think this film is going to be great!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 27, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Dsc08839_2_thumb

Random… but cool all the same :)

They better not leave out character development just for this scene though!

Posted by radish_earrings on April 27, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to finally see the movie.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 27, 2009, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I want to see how they bring this all together

Posted by Jersey on April 27, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Really, a new scene, and Non-Canon to boot!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 27, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator

:-( Dobby, Bill, Fleur, Voldemort flashbacks, and a few other scenes have been removed, and yet they put in a scene that is not even in the HP and the half blood prince.
The Burrow is not ‘attacked’ until Deathly Hallows during the reception of Bill and Fleur’s wedding.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on April 28, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator

"Do you think we should go and [i]ask[/i] Hagrid about it all?"[br]"That'd be a cheerful visit," said Ron. "'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?'"