USA TODAY: Burrow Attack Scene in Half-Blood Prince a Standout Scene

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 10:34 PM

We've known for many months now, even witnessed footage seen in the newest trailer, that there is to be an attack on the Burrow included in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In their guide to Summer movies, the USA Today has a very brief preview of the film, and notes the events at the Burrow are a "Standout Scene." While this preview is only a few sentences long, it does contain a cool new detail and slight description of the attack:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (July 17)
Warner Bros.

The principals (Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint) return for the sixth installment, as Lord Voldemort's threat hangs heavier over Hogwarts as Dumbledore prepares Harry for the final battle with his ultimate foe. Meanwhile, adolescent hormones run wild through the corridors of the academy.

Standout scene: While visiting Harry and the Weasleys, part-werewolf Lupin (David Thewlis) catches a strange scent outdoors. Soon huge snake-like flames slither toward the house as Death Eater Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonham Carter) appears and leads Harry into the marshes while fire begins to consume the porch and walls.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Quidditch_2012_thumb

I’m looking forward to this add-on scene, although I wasn’t too thrilled to at first to hear they were straying from the book.

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on April 25, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

yea! screen time for Lupin!!

Posted by Shalanarah on April 25, 2009, 04:06 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Yay for HBP!!! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 25, 2009, 04:34 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

awesome

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 25, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Sounds great!!! Still haven’t watched the trailer though!!! :D

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on April 25, 2009, 06:22 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

Cool!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 25, 2009, 06:25 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Well, I guess it’ll be good, although I don’t generally like non-canon scenes. :S

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 25, 2009, 06:27 AM report to moderator

maybe Lupin will fight Greyback in there werewolf forms? Maybe not. But that would be cool. I wanna know when this attack will take place. Will it be before school? at the end? at christmas? considering every main scene is in the film from the book, i think they shouldn’t have done this. But it might be awsome! I’m just worried for the burrow. It’s such a lovely house :P

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 25, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Seems like I remember some time back they were discussing how the Burrow scene was not part of the book, but used to represent some of the horrors resulting from Voldemort’s return. The book details many, but they just can’t do all that in a movie. Of course, it’s ALWAYS a good thing to have more Lupin!

Posted by Lillylove on April 25, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Avpmpeoic2_thumb
2012 Points

I’m really looking forward to that scene just to see what they do with it

Posted by - Mishh. (WBM) on April 25, 2009, 08:02 AM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Can’t wait

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 25, 2009, 08:27 AM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I think it looks really good! Personally I’m not the biggest fan of added scenes but this one looks like it might be awesome.

Posted by joeys_mommy on April 25, 2009, 08:49 AM report to moderator
Dorks3xl_thumb

I’m just glad that Lupin gets some screentime.

Posted by pixi jo *ROAR* on April 25, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

part-werewolf!? catches the strange scent!!!!??? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. although it looks pretty interesting in trailers,I still think there was ne need for that scene. but looking forward to see it.

Posted by Matea on April 25, 2009, 09:19 AM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

What is the scent that Lupin catches? I didn’t even think he could use the werewold senses thing when he’s not a wolf…thing. lol

Posted by Imperiused! on April 25, 2009, 09:22 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"W-what?" Harry stammered. "But I've got to go back -- term starts on September first. It's all that's keeping me going. You don't know what it's like here. I don't [i]belong[/i] here. I belong in your world -- at Hogwarts."