MTV Half-Blood Prince Preview: New Video Interview with Emma Watson, Dan Radcliffe Talks Snape

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 07:37 AM

As promised, MTV has now released their Summer Movie Preview of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, including 4 new video interviews with actress Emma Watson and actor Dan Radcliffe. In the videos, Emma discusses her character of Hermione Granger and the emotions when dealing with Ron and his new girlfriend. Dan Radcliffe delves in a bit more on Harry Potter and the character of Snape in HBP, played by Alan Rickman.

Also at this link, MTV has posted a new interview with producer David Heyman, where he talks the casting of Slughorn, played by Oscar winning actor Jim Broadbent. "He was absolutely our first choice," Heyman recalled. "You look at Jim's eyes, and you can read so much into them." What there also is besides great drama is great humor and great humanity," he said. According to Heyman, nailing Slughorn's casting was crucial to balancing out those dimensions in the sixth movie."We wanted Slughorn to be a source of humor," the producer said. "You wanted a character who had airs of grandeur but at the same time was really sympathetic and tragic."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

1980 Points

thats great!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 24, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I couldn’t see all the videos! :(

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 24, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Great to hear more from them.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 24, 2009, 08:39 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Skipped the one vid, but the rest worked great! :D

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 24, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

Yea why does it have to be the kissing one that we dont get to see!

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on April 24, 2009, 11:16 PM report to moderator
Walleeve_lg_thumb

I couldn’t watch the third one either.

Posted by dynagirldangit on April 25, 2009, 02:02 AM report to moderator
Masterofmystery08_thumb

I am confused. I always was under the impression that Miss Watson has read the book? “Hermione might realize that she might have some feelings for Ron” ? She realized that at the latest in GoF, Book AND Movie. And McLaggen is not a better keeper than Ron. That was the whole point really. Oh, well.

Posted by galadriel12 (ROAR) on April 25, 2009, 04:19 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

where’s rupey g??!

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 25, 2009, 08:25 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

It won’t work for me (I’m in England).

If somebody reads this and knows they’re on youtube, can they owl me please?! :D

119152761_thumb

I’m in Australia and some of these are working for me. For those of you that can’t see the videos the one with Emma is bascially her explaining the how she realises she likes Ron, who then goes out with Lavender, and she mentioned that “it was nice to play a comedy role, because in the last one I had to be so concerned,” those weren’t her exact lines, but it was basically what she said.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 25, 2009, 09:23 AM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Looks cool, I can’t wait for the movie!

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 25, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

Looks cool, I can’t wait for the movie!

Posted by The Silver Doe on April 25, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
15ppnr5_thumb

in the video titled “summer blockbuster” you can see a snap shot of what I think is the scene of when slughorn and dumbledore are repairing his home. pretty cool i think!

Posted by KimmyZ on April 25, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Quidditch_2012_thumb

I couldn’t watch the Harry talking about kissing video :( It kept transferring me to the next clip. I liked the other ones though! :)

Posted by muzic823{ROAR} on April 26, 2009, 12:07 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I really liked these. Something new to talk about. I really like that Emma is going to be able to stretch her acting skills in this one, being more comedic that worried and dramatic all the time.

I really enjoyed what Dan had to say about Harry and Snape. He is really concerned about making sure that the tention between them is addressed in so little time.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 26, 2009, 11:23 AM report to moderator

"I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death -- if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."