MTV Half-Blood Prince Preview: New Video Interview with Emma Watson, Dan Radcliffe Talks Snape

HBP Film
April 24, 2009, 07:37 AM

As promised, MTV has now released their Summer Movie Preview of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, including 4 new video interviews with actress Emma Watson and actor Dan Radcliffe. In the videos, Emma discusses her character of Hermione Granger and the emotions when dealing with Ron and his new girlfriend. Dan Radcliffe delves in a bit more on Harry Potter and the character of Snape in HBP, played by Alan Rickman.

Also at this link, MTV has posted a new interview with producer David Heyman, where he talks the casting of Slughorn, played by Oscar winning actor Jim Broadbent. "He was absolutely our first choice," Heyman recalled. "You look at Jim's eyes, and you can read so much into them." What there also is besides great drama is great humor and great humanity," he said. According to Heyman, nailing Slughorn's casting was crucial to balancing out those dimensions in the sixth movie."We wanted Slughorn to be a source of humor," the producer said. "You wanted a character who had airs of grandeur but at the same time was really sympathetic and tragic."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Picture_6_thumb

Yay! This is awesome. Can’t wait for July.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on April 24, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

:o And I think that’s my first first post ever!

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on April 24, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Okay. That wasn’t much.

Posted by decarus on April 24, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Lol. Not that much of a “preview” with the videos. But it’s still good to see interviews coming out! :) I don’t have time to read the interview – I’m going off to school :(

Posted by Christine on April 24, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Dsc00399_thumb

I think it’s ridiculous! I live in the UK where Harry Potter originates from and yet i can’t watch an interview because of “Licensing laws”. I mean what a load of rubbish! There’s so much i miss out on being in the UK it’s unfair!!! :(

Posted by Jemj ROAR! on April 24, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

;]

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 08:01 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Not much but still is great! I just wish they interviewed Rupes as well but I guess he’s busy? :) And I guess the confunding McLaggen scene is on? I hope so!!! :)

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 24, 2009, 08:02 AM report to moderator

so I guess I can’t see it. :(

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 24, 2009, 08:17 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

I like Dan’s hair…

Posted by Despina on April 24, 2009, 08:24 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Sigh. Other than not being able to view these videos, living in Canada has it’s perks…

Posted by Smitch on April 24, 2009, 08:34 AM report to moderator

From Germany, the videos work.
They are short, however, but it is always a pleasure to hear Emma and Dan talk. :)

Posted by Fonty on April 24, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Great! Interviews! I love ’em!!!! :) And I cannot wait!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Dumbledoreflames_thumb

Silly, Yanky video doesn’t work.

Posted by Albus Dumbledore on April 24, 2009, 08:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_thumb

yupe i don’t know y it didnt work
it’s annoying

Posted by blackhair on April 24, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
P4093399_thumb

I’m from Greece, the videos work for me.. except the 3rd one that seems to have a problem so it skips directly to the 4th… : (… do you know if we can find them on youtube?

Posted by Natalia {ROAR} on April 24, 2009, 09:26 AM report to moderator

"You see that house upon the hillside, Potter? My father lived there. My mother, a witch who lived here in this village, fell in love with him. But he abandoned her when she told him what she was... He didn't like magic, my father..."