Leaky's HBP Set Report Preview Part II

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
April 24, 2009, 12:10 AM

We have another little bit for you today from the Half-Blood Prince set report that will be coming out in fulll closer to the release of the film! You can see the first part of the report here; this bit focuses on the creation of the Lion hat and Evanna Lynch's thoughts on the script. Enjoy!

~*~

When David Yates and the rest of the production crew on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows were having trouble with Luna's famed lion hat (which can now be seen in a production photo), they knew exactly whom to turn to for help.

"We've got concept artists and designers who work on the film as you know, that spend hours upstairs here at Leavesden, designing these things," Yates said during a brief break in fliming a Great Hall scene. "We all looked at them and said, 'Well, maybe we should change that...change that...' And we got stuck. We just couldn't make it work. So we said, 'Hey, Evanna [Lynch, who plays Luna]? Why don't you design the thing?' So she got a pad and paper and she was up until four o' clock in the morning designing.

"It was brilliant. She came up with these brilliant designs. And we made it, we made it based on her design."

Though she's still acting as a defacto Potter consultant, Evanna, now through her second film, has found a more comfortable role for herself on set; she's no longer afraid to mess up, she says ("everyone does it"), but has retained her trademark honesty (of her costume for Slughorn's party, she says, "I'd wear it all year."). She at first "was kind of begrudging that Michael Goldenberg [scriptwriter for OotP, her first film] wasn't going to stay on, you know?," she admitted. "Then I saw the script for this one, and I was fine," she said with an air of relief. It just - it has all the tension between Ron and Lavender and Hermione, and they focus on that a lot, as the book does.

"It keeps in all the good bits."

~*~

Closer to the film's release we'll have our full report up, including video interviews and more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

It’s so cool that Evanna designed the Lion hat! It’s just like Luna desogning it herself!!! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 24, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

evanna is the best ever!!!!!!!!!!

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

wooooow. thats so sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Evanna designed her lion hat!!!! wow.thats just wow. go girl! from the very moment they casted her..I was like: is that really Luna!?…and when I saw OOTP…i was like: OMG! Luna really exsists! she’s real! yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Posted by Matea on April 24, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

Cool!… Can’t wait!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 24, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator

Evanna is just like Luna! It’s wonderful!

Posted by on April 24, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

How could I not adore Evanna??? She’s PERFECT as Luna and she sounds like a real sweetheart!!!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on April 24, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Evanna is seriously talented! =D

Posted by AbiDumbledore on April 24, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I love the way they ask Evanna to contribute, she is the biggest Harry Potter fan there and it would seem that she is fully appreciated, I guess the earrings which she designed for OOTP showed them how in tune with Luna she is.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator

I don’t think the book focus a lot of that, quite the countrary, the romance stuff seems to be something in the background.
Don’t know if I believe they asked her to design it, it looks like they are trying too hard to make her look like she is like Luna, to please the fans.

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 01:03 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 01:08 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 24, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator

Snape was looking as though the first person to ask him for a Love Potion would be force-fed poison.