Leaky's HBP Set Report Preview Part II

HBP Film
Posted by: Melissa
April 24, 2009, 12:10 AM

We have another little bit for you today from the Half-Blood Prince set report that will be coming out in fulll closer to the release of the film! You can see the first part of the report here; this bit focuses on the creation of the Lion hat and Evanna Lynch's thoughts on the script. Enjoy!

~*~

When David Yates and the rest of the production crew on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows were having trouble with Luna's famed lion hat (which can now be seen in a production photo), they knew exactly whom to turn to for help.

"We've got concept artists and designers who work on the film as you know, that spend hours upstairs here at Leavesden, designing these things," Yates said during a brief break in fliming a Great Hall scene. "We all looked at them and said, 'Well, maybe we should change that...change that...' And we got stuck. We just couldn't make it work. So we said, 'Hey, Evanna [Lynch, who plays Luna]? Why don't you design the thing?' So she got a pad and paper and she was up until four o' clock in the morning designing.

"It was brilliant. She came up with these brilliant designs. And we made it, we made it based on her design."

Though she's still acting as a defacto Potter consultant, Evanna, now through her second film, has found a more comfortable role for herself on set; she's no longer afraid to mess up, she says ("everyone does it"), but has retained her trademark honesty (of her costume for Slughorn's party, she says, "I'd wear it all year."). She at first "was kind of begrudging that Michael Goldenberg [scriptwriter for OotP, her first film] wasn't going to stay on, you know?," she admitted. "Then I saw the script for this one, and I was fine," she said with an air of relief. It just - it has all the tension between Ron and Lavender and Hermione, and they focus on that a lot, as the book does.

"It keeps in all the good bits."

~*~

Closer to the film's release we'll have our full report up, including video interviews and more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

COOOOOOL!!! Can’t wait!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 24, 2009, 12:16 AM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

That is so cool! I just love that Evanna makes her character’s accessories! She’s definitely a Luna at heart. :D

Posted by VeganMudblood on April 24, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator
Cadoyp57_thumb

I’m relieved Evanna says the movie’s well done. I believe her!

Posted by PigmyPuffPie on April 24, 2009, 12:41 AM report to moderator

If Evanna Lynch says she is fine with the script, then I think I will be fine with it too. She’s a true fan, so she knows what we die-hards are looking for and what will make us disappointed.

Posted by Sophie on April 24, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
5908_12290828084_thumb

ya cool

Posted by hbp will be betterthan tdk on April 24, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

How awesome…

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome. It must be sooo cool to be a superfan and to be playing a role in the film! Lucky girl. I’m so jealous. I have such a hard time differentiating her from Luna though…they’re so much alike it’s scary! lol.

Posted by cghambright on April 24, 2009, 01:38 AM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Aww, I love how Evanna designed the hat herself! It makes me love her even more :)

Posted by Sarabi on April 24, 2009, 02:17 AM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

She is quite talented! Glad she was there to help them out!

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 24, 2009, 02:24 AM report to moderator
119152761_thumb

Thanks Melissa! Evanna has to be one of my favourite cast members, just because she’s so awesome in designing some of her characters stuff and really seems to understand Luna.

Posted by butterbeer bottle on April 24, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Picture4_052_thumb

I’m so glad that Evanna is in there fighting the good fight for us fans! Can we send her a basket of minimuffins as a thankyou?

Posted by joelface on April 24, 2009, 02:42 AM report to moderator

more please!

Posted by pottershrink on April 24, 2009, 03:26 AM report to moderator

That is so cool. It will be so true to the book since Evanna had design input.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 24, 2009, 03:41 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

More please!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 24, 2009, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Dh18_thumb

I still love the fact that they go to Evanna to design stuff!!

Posted by Daphne Blake on April 24, 2009, 04:27 AM report to moderator

"To business, Harry," said Riddle, still smiling broadly. "Twice -- in [i]your[/i] past, in [i]my[/i] future -- have we met. And twice I failed to kill you. [i]How did you survive?[/i] Tell me everything. The longer you talk," he added softly, "the longer