First Look! Shell Cottage Under Construction in Wales

DH Film
April 24, 2009, 01:22 PM

Several weeks ago we reported filming for the Shell Cottage scenes would take place in Wales, with crews due to arrive for work before the main filming next month. Today, TLC is delighted to bring you the first photos of the house under construction on the coastline in the Pembrokeshire area of Wales. Notably, as seen here, we can see the details of the stone house being built, on a beautiful coastline, all which will be the site of the emotional scenes with the Trio and dear Dobby.  You can see the rest of these photos here in our image galleries.

The main filming for the Shell cottage scenes are due to take place on location next month, May 11 to May 15th, in Wales.

Thanks ever so much J & M!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

I love the look of the house. I’m thinking it might just be used for the exteriors — the interiors are of course filmed on a sound stage, and the interior size can be much bigger because of magic, right? I am also imagining the exterior being done with matte paintings to heighten the cliff effect, and they may just paint in different terrain, too. That would provide the garden area where Dobby rests — and won’t it be a beautiful view, with that ocean vista? Love it!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on April 25, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

YaY Shell Cottage

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 26, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

wow it’s so pretty! Flure and Bill are so lucky …….i wish i could live there
insted of hot and swampy Ga

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on April 26, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Yay! It looks pretty close to what I had in my head :D how exciting!

Posted by Sarabi on April 26, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

That’s my new vacation home! :o)

Wrock_021_thumb

Just how I imagined it.

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on April 26, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Wow! Looks great! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on April 26, 2009, 11:53 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Look at it! Oh! It’s so perfect! I guess that’s what all the sand was for?

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on April 27, 2009, 02:44 AM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

omg i’ve just read that bit today… (again) it looks beautiful :)

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on April 27, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator

They’ve nearly finished putting on the roof. The shells and brickwork both look very good. In a shameless move to get some hits on flickr I’ve uploaded a couple of images here and here I’ll go back later in the week when they’ll have hopefully removed the scaffolding.

Posted by @tomix on April 27, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator

It’s a really nice spot, just like I imagined it!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 27, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Very cool

Posted by Jersey on April 27, 2009, 10:45 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Its how i wanted it to look!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 27, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator

I loved the description of Shell Cottage in Deathly Hallows, and where it was described to be. To see this gorgeous cottage being constructed – wow. Can’t wait to see what the completed cottage :-)
I loved the description of Luna’s home too. That will be awesome to see.
I bawled my eyes out when Dobby died in the book. Not forgetting MadEye Moody, and Hedwig.
Prior to that was the sadness of Dumbledore’s passing.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on April 28, 2009, 09:34 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 29, 2009, 09:06 AM report to moderator

But from that moment on, Hermione Granger became their friend. There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.