First Look! Shell Cottage Under Construction in Wales

DH Film
April 24, 2009, 01:22 PM

Several weeks ago we reported filming for the Shell Cottage scenes would take place in Wales, with crews due to arrive for work before the main filming next month. Today, TLC is delighted to bring you the first photos of the house under construction on the coastline in the Pembrokeshire area of Wales. Notably, as seen here, we can see the details of the stone house being built, on a beautiful coastline, all which will be the site of the emotional scenes with the Trio and dear Dobby.  You can see the rest of these photos here in our image galleries.

The main filming for the Shell cottage scenes are due to take place on location next month, May 11 to May 15th, in Wales.

Thanks ever so much J & M!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

Wow, it’s going to be so beautiful, and what a gorgeous, lonely stretch of land for Dobby’s burial. The scenes there will be haunting, I can picture them already.

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 24, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

Coastlines PERFECT….but it’s just not how I pictured it. It looks like a church!

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on April 24, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

Ohhh…the house isn’t how I pictured it…whoops

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on April 24, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Cimg2325_thumb

It looks amazing! Almost exactly like I pictured it! :D

Posted by MadameSuede on April 24, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

@hbp will be betterthan tdk first off, they are filming dh 1 and 2 at the same time, secondly the ending of the first part has not been confirmed, and im thinking they wont confirm it, actually frankly i hope they dont, i think it SHOULD be a surprise. anyway, they may change the timeline of the movie, they have before, however from what ive read, they are truly trying to stay true to the book. but that is what ive deduced. that also doesnt mean they wont change a few things. so dont fret :)

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

btw, the shell cottage looks exactly how i pictured it. this location is PERFECT for dobby’s grave. it is absolutely beautiful.

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

WOW!!! That’s so perfect!!!

Posted by Hermione Weasley on April 24, 2009, 03:58 PM report to moderator
Mongolian_grill_028_thumb

Aah! I knew I shouldn’t look… I definitely didn’t imagine it at ALL like that. I imagined it smaller, and rounder, and greyer. And I dunno… more homely, and the area more overgrown. I imagined it on a sharp cliff, not on a beach. It looks good, just not how I would have done it.

Posted by Jennie Rae Urban on April 24, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

The cottage is looking amazing and the coast line is just SO beautiful!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 24, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

that’s a great location they scouted for Shell Cottage! Yes it looks kinda churchy with the really angled roof but i think once the roofing material goes on it’ll be really charming. i’m going to guess some dark brown roofing material….not hay but like that thicket kind of look.

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 24, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Icondude_thumb

I like the really high gables, but the diamond-shapes windows look rather tacky…like something on a Disney theme park shop.

And I’m also surprised that the cottage isn’t on a cliff, because that image is so cinematic.

Posted by starlesswinter on April 24, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Kit_thumb

I think it’s fantastic and I think a good break would be after shell cottage and before Gringotts break in. I can hardly wait!

Posted by Fereverto on April 24, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Persiankitten_1__thumb

I love the look of the cottage didn’t imagine it to be set in the dunes but hey what do I care I only live 10 mins away from the location so can’t wait until I visit the site in the flesh. Going to camp there (if allowed) when the cast arrive…

Posted by Barb on April 24, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

That beach picture is so pretty!!! And I hope they make that house look more like a rook!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 24, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

It’s GORGEOUS!! Perfect! The set designers/art director ( Stuart Craig) for these movies are BRILLIANT!!! And it’s such a beautiful location too. It’s the perfect place for the trio to recuperate before the Gringotts break in and then of course the BATTLE! :D

Posted by cghambright on April 24, 2009, 05:51 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the sky outside. I read about it in [i]Hogwarts, A History.[/i]"