Dan Radcliffe on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One: "A Road Movie"

DH Film
April 23, 2009, 10:45 AM

With press coverage beginning in earnest of late, WB has sent over the latest images from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince contained in last week's Entertainment Weekly: Dumbledore and Harry on the Tower, Dumbledore and Harry at the Pensieve.  HBP Set Previews galore are also set to be released, more on that soon!

In the meantime, as reported earlier this week regarding the potential split of the movies, a new preview of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is contained in the special 20th Anniversary edition of Empire Magazine. Scans are now available here in our galleries thanks to our Order Partners Rupert Grint.net and DanRadcliffe.com where you can see a fantastic new photo of the Trio of Dan Radclffe (Harry), Emma Watson (Hermione) and Rupert Grint (Ron) (a small version of this is also on the cover of the magazine).

The article contains a new interview with Producer David Heyman, and actor Dan Radcliffe where they discuss filming of both movies that is currently underway. Mr. Heyman notes they are still finalising the script for Part Two, finishing up casting and working out the remaining filming schedule. At the time of the interview, Dan Radcliffe noted that he had just been filming "a big fight scene and it's great. I'm covered in dust and blood, but it's brilliant. I just get to be a boy and run around!"

Good news for fans comes from David Heyman when discussing things cut from the plot, given they are making the book into two films, as he noted "...in the end I think they'll be less edited from this film than films past because we have the freedom of making two films and I think it's going to be fantastic." Dan Radcliffe continues: "This is a road movie, particularly in Part One of the film. People have been so used to seeing Harry Potter at Hogwarts and we're just not there for the first part of the film. That seems to have really freshened things up, and hopefully will get people seeing the films with fresh eyes again, because its just a totally different look when you're not just sat in the same room the whole time. Heyman added: "They're be a lot of action, a lot of adventure, and it'll be an ending very true to the books that Jo's (Rowling) written, so if you read the books you'll really have a good sense of what's going to happen."

Dan also says in addition to filming the epilogue, " I think for me, that's intimidating is going to be the walk at the end to meet Voldemort in the forest. That's going to be really tough, but I can't wait."

This issue of Empire Magazine is on newsstands starting today. Thanks so much to Lauren, RupertGrint.net and DanRadcliffe.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Well, I hope Dan really does the ending well. And hopefully it’ll be just as good without Hogwarts….

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 24, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Nice interview! Although Kloves has been saying it’s going to be a road movie since before the release of the DH book.

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on April 24, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

i lurve the pic of emma and rupert!!!!!!!!!!!!! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! they look so adorable!! they should get 2gether in real life!!! they kno eachother so well and they would look gorg 2gether!

That sounds great! A road movie seems like the perfect way to describe it actually!

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator

Daniela, how would Kloves know what the movie based in the book would be before the book was even released?

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator

Posted by ethanHP on April 24, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’m so EXCITED!

Posted by cghambright on April 24, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

AAAHHH excited

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 24, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator
02_twins_20-_20copy_129536961051705540_thumb

I know I’m going to cry at several parts but the parts I’m looking forward too is the Ron/Hermione kiss, Harry walking into the Forrest and the best part…NEVILLE CUTTING OFF NAGINI’S HEAD! Sorry, but I’ve been telling people for years, since I became a fan that Neville would be the turning point in the war! No one ever wanted to give him enough credit but I just knew he was special! OH…and the Prince’s tale, I always knew Snape was an awesome good guy!

I just can’t wait for the movie, Personally I don’t think there’s alot of filler in DH, JK put most of it in for a reason and I’m glad their using most of it :D!

Posted by joeys_mommy on April 25, 2009, 09:07 AM report to moderator

I hope this is a road movie! That’s how the book was.

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 26, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I’m glad they plan to stay closer to the book

Posted by Jersey on April 27, 2009, 10:53 PM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Road movie, i get it….

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 28, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

It sounds like they are doing a really awesome job. I really can’t wait for the movies.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 29, 2009, 09:30 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

"Yeah, the D.A.'s good," said Ginny. "Only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"