"Cherrybomb" to be Screened at the Cannes Film Festival

Grint
Posted by: Edward
April 23, 2009, 04:22 PM

Cherrybomb, the upcoming film staring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) has been included on the list of films set to be screened at the Cannes Film Festival in France.  Our Order Partner RupertGrint.com is reporting that the Little Film Company has announced the inclusion of Cherrybomb on the schedule for the film festival taking place May 13th through the 24th.  The film is slated to be screened on Thursday, May 14th at 9:30am at Riviera 2 Theater.  Word also came via UHP that Mr. Grint is not currently scheduled to attend the screening, however that may change.  Further details will be posted on Leaky when they become available.

Thanks to RG.net!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Good luck to him and his film!

Posted by budgie on April 23, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Wow, that is a huge honor. Congrats Rupert!

Posted by Hermionegirl on April 23, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

I am so proud of him, it’s unreal.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on April 23, 2009, 04:46 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i want to see that movie alreadyy! rupe is so adorable and the movie looks great

Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I want to see that film. I hope someone will put it for download very soon,beacuse I just can’t wait anymore!

Posted by Matea on April 23, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Congrats Rupert! I sure everyone will be very receptive to the film!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 23, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

What an honor! Congrats Rupert. I can’t wait to see this film myself!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 23, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

ooo this is such cool news. i mean it’s cannes the biggest film festival of the year. i hope this means the film is coming out soon though. fingers crossed it is. iw ant to see it at some point

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on April 23, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

Um, I hate to be a downer everyone, but I can’t find Cherrybomb listed on any of the Cannes lists. I’m assuming then that it’s not an official selection? Looks like The Little Film company is just showing some of their films there. Sorry everyone.

Posted by mollywobble on April 23, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is a tremendous honor that the film is being played at Cannes! I hope he is able to attend the showing.

Posted by Kirk on April 23, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Ohh, I wish I could see this movie :(

Posted by Christine on April 23, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Minerva_mcgonagall_thumb

I haven’t had a chance to see any of his movies… they never seem to make it over here… we can be such snob in the U.S.

Posted by oldenoughtoknowbetter♎ROAR♎OoM1, CW on April 23, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Why am I not in Cannes? I want to see it!!!!!!!!! :))))

Posted by Pollytomat on April 24, 2009, 01:03 AM report to moderator
Irish_eyes_thumb

What an incredible honour! Congratulations to Rupert and all associated with the film! How cool would it be to just stroll into Cannes while your film is playing at the Festival?

Posted by Night Zephyr on April 24, 2009, 01:04 AM report to moderator
10006850_gal2_thumb

This is very cool! Great honour for Cherrybomb to be screened at Berlin and Cannes film fesitvals! Go Rupert!!!!

Posted by francaise3 on April 24, 2009, 02:20 AM report to moderator

Neville had heaved himself over the back of the next thestral and was now attempting to swing one short leg over the creature's back. Luna was already in place, sitting sidesaddle and adjusting her robes as though she did this every day.