Shell Cottage Scenes to be Filmed on Location in Wales Beginning May 11th

DH Film
April 22, 2009, 10:00 AM

Location filming news continues for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. While the London filming is still underway, following now is more on the location filming for the Shell Cottage scenes due to take place in Wales next month. The BBC reports the actual dates of filming on the coastline of Wales will take place May 11th through the 15th on Freshwater West beach of the Pembrokeshire National Park. (You can learn more about the beach here). The BBC article notes:

Pembrokeshire council cabinet member Rob Lewis said they would only take place when needed by the film crews - and would not effect pedestrians, emergency vehicles or residents.He said the benefits of filming would outweigh any temporary disruption.

"The decision to film parts of Harry Potter and Robin Hood in our county this summer is a fantastic development, which will bring benefits to our economy and the tourist industry," he said."Such high profile films with big stars bring with them huge film crews which can considerably boost an area's economy."It will particularly help many small businesses, which need all the help they can get in these difficult times.

Warner Bros indicated they would be taking extra steps to ensure any disruption to the beautiful beach area would be minor. "Responding to concerns on the Facebook site, Warner Brothers - the company behind the Harry Potter franchise - said it would have a maximum crew of 200. It said there would be a letter drop in the local community to outline its plans and pledged the beach and dunes would be litter picked every day they were on site."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It goes without saying that the set they have selected is fantastic and will complement the story well! I cannot wait to see pictures of the cottage soon!

Posted by Kirk on April 22, 2009, 11:53 AM report to moderator
Meeeee__2_thumb

So exciting! I really really hope that they have Fleur cast for this, though.

Posted by ravenclaw1028 (wyfaced) on April 22, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

YaY more updates.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 22, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

it looks nice,but I’m more interested in the house and the cliffs.

Posted by Matea on April 22, 2009, 12:38 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Perfect beach, in my mind!

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 22, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

great!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 22, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Hbp_promo_officialposter_01_thumb

this is the third part of great britain to be shot as part of the deathly hallows movie(s). Unlucky, Northern Ireland :) even tho i say that, i havent been to see any real-life footage yet so i cant talk :S i cant believe there has been so much info on DH shooting and HBP isnt even out yet :( we don’t eve nhave a casting list for DH!

Posted by StefanM94[WBM!] on April 22, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

This is a beautiful spot. Can’t wait to see this.

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on April 22, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator
Chloekisses1_thumb

It would be disappointing to have no Phlegm at Shell Cottage. But, we haven’t heard any casting news on this yet…no confirmation of Clemence Posey returning or a new actor cast for the part. It will be interesting to see what they do with this scene if Fleur isn’t cast.

Posted by Sheri on April 22, 2009, 03:55 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Yeah I hope they get the scene where Ron is carrying Hermione. That would make my day even more! I wish Fleur was in the film.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 22, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Wow it feels weird that they are filming “Shell Cottage” this soon when we haven’t even heard rumors let alone facts regarding the casting of Fleur. It makes me quite anxious because I really really want Fleur in the last films and I adore Clemence Poesy so I will be extremely disappointed if there is no Fleur or Clemence in DH. I suppose I could live if they had to cast someone else to play Fleur, but for the love of god just cast someone already! I’ll take anyone at this point! Just give us some “Phlegm”! lol

Posted by bella vita on April 22, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
My_owl_thumb

That beach is pretty epic. But I wonder how shelly they’ll make shell cottage? :\

Posted by Sorcha on April 22, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

Beautiful beach area! I hope they have Fleur too. The beach cottage and wedding both make more sense with her than without.

Posted by budgie on April 22, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

I do think it is interesting that they are, true to word, filming parts of both films at the same time. This is, in the end, a convenient way to film, and means that hopes are good for them being able to really do the fall-then-summer, back-to-back releases of parts I and II.

Posted by savingharry on April 22, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Believe-in-magic1_thumb

Oh man I love love love getting DH news! Its so exciting I cant wait to see it ♥

Posted by Miss_Mimz on April 22, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator

...he walked slowly back up to Gryffindor Tower, Cho's voice echoing in his ears with every step he took. [i]"Cedric -- Cedric Diggory.[/i]" He had been starting to quite like Cedric... Now he suddenly realized that Cedric was in fact a useless pretty boy

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014