Preview of a Scene with the Smelly Sneaky Thief Named Mundungus Fletcher in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 21, 2009, 03:55 PM

Last month in one of our recent exclusive casting reports, TLC was able to tell you that actor Andy Linden was confirmed be appearing as Mundungus Fletcher for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, there is a new article online with actor Martin Ballantyne who discusses his role as "Scary Face" in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince as an extra with no lines,  but landed a small role that is part of  a scene with Mundungus Fletcher for Deathly Hallows. Mr. Ballantyne notes he is playing an "associate" to the dodgy member of the Order of the Phoenix, and says the scene involves one of Dung's notoriously underhanded sales. Quotage:

But in The Deathly Hallows the director, David Yates, had remembered me and I was given the part of Mundungus' Associate. He is a baddy - I'm always the baddy - and I had a few lines to learn and say.”
“I couldn't believe it when I got to the Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire a month ago and was told I had this part. The director said 'we will try something a bit more meaty this time'.“I cannot repeat the lines I had to say but it was in a scene where Mundungus is negotiating a purchase.”

Martin Ballantyne goes on to note that Dung Fletcher actor Andy Linden is "really nice," and speaks abit about the remaining filming and release schedule for the two films.

“It's like a big family when you get there.

“Having this part is a good part for me because I have lines and most of the parts I have had are without lines.

“I should be in the final film The Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Half Blood Prince is out in cinemas in July, The Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out in cinemas for Christmas 2010 and the second part will be out sometime in 2012 [sic] - although we haven't started filming that yet

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Whaaat? I thought it was supposed to come out in 2011 not 2012??

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 23, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Whaaat? I thought it was supposed to come out in 2011 not 2012??

Triple_thumb

i think he is just misinformed
if not they could always change it a bit, ding and his associate as the ones who escort “bellatrix” into gringotts, hope they dont but suppose could work…

Posted by HudMug1712 on April 24, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Avpmpeoic2_thumb
2012 Points

Dung would be in the 2nd part of Deathly Hallows because he was in Snape’s Memory…

Posted by - Mishh. (WBM) on April 25, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

Cool beans!

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on April 28, 2009, 12:36 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

He just messed up on the date, I hope they don’t cut his scene.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 29, 2009, 09:20 AM report to moderator

No new teacher had ever interrupted Dumbledore before. Many of the students were smirking; this woman obviously did not know how things were done at Hogwarts.