Preview of a Scene with the Smelly Sneaky Thief Named Mundungus Fletcher in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 21, 2009, 03:55 PM

Last month in one of our recent exclusive casting reports, TLC was able to tell you that actor Andy Linden was confirmed be appearing as Mundungus Fletcher for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, there is a new article online with actor Martin Ballantyne who discusses his role as "Scary Face" in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince as an extra with no lines,  but landed a small role that is part of  a scene with Mundungus Fletcher for Deathly Hallows. Mr. Ballantyne notes he is playing an "associate" to the dodgy member of the Order of the Phoenix, and says the scene involves one of Dung's notoriously underhanded sales. Quotage:

But in The Deathly Hallows the director, David Yates, had remembered me and I was given the part of Mundungus' Associate. He is a baddy - I'm always the baddy - and I had a few lines to learn and say.”
“I couldn't believe it when I got to the Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire a month ago and was told I had this part. The director said 'we will try something a bit more meaty this time'.“I cannot repeat the lines I had to say but it was in a scene where Mundungus is negotiating a purchase.”

Martin Ballantyne goes on to note that Dung Fletcher actor Andy Linden is "really nice," and speaks abit about the remaining filming and release schedule for the two films.

“It's like a big family when you get there.

“Having this part is a good part for me because I have lines and most of the parts I have had are without lines.

“I should be in the final film The Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Half Blood Prince is out in cinemas in July, The Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out in cinemas for Christmas 2010 and the second part will be out sometime in 2012 [sic] - although we haven't started filming that yet

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hp01_thumb

2012 :/ Cool anyway.

Posted by Frances Anne on April 22, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

how can dung not be in part 1?

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on April 22, 2009, 08:15 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

2012?! You gotta be kidding me!!!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 22, 2009, 10:45 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I think that the guy got the year wrong.

I think it is so cool to hear stories like these. I canot wait to see his part in Deathly Hallows. It will be a good payoff for him.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 22, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Uhhhh I thought it was 2011…he must have simply gotten Confunded, is all. _

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 22, 2009, 12:33 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

2012!! Anyway I’m happy that there is so much HP news out right now.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 22, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

what??? 2012?

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 22, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

2012??? Hope that was a mistake! Other than that sounds kool… I’m also wondering what part this is, origanaly I thought selling the locket but there’s no way that would be part 2… Hmmm…..

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on April 22, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

He’ll be good as Dung, I’m guessing.

Posted by Garden State Geek on April 22, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

“Scary Face”? What part of Half Blood Prince would that be? My only guess is possibly glimpses of Death Eaters in newspapers? Thoughts?

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 22, 2009, 09:28 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

2012????

No it can’t be? :(

Ronhermione_thumb

2012???? noooooooooo!!!! pls tell me he made a mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravenclaw_thumb

Christmas 2010! Can’t wait!

Posted by BlackCat13 on April 23, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Christmas 2010! Can’t wait!

Posted by BlackCat13 on April 23, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

Wait, wait, wait, I thought the second part of Deathly Hallows was supposed to come out in 2011, not 2012

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 23, 2009, 04:04 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

Harry raised his wand. Now was the moment to do it. Now was the moment to avenge his mother and father. He was going to kill Black. He had to kill Black. This was his chance... [br]The seconds lengthened. And still Harry stood frozen there, wand poised, B