Preview of a Scene with the Smelly Sneaky Thief Named Mundungus Fletcher in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 21, 2009, 03:55 PM

Last month in one of our recent exclusive casting reports, TLC was able to tell you that actor Andy Linden was confirmed be appearing as Mundungus Fletcher for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, there is a new article online with actor Martin Ballantyne who discusses his role as "Scary Face" in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince as an extra with no lines,  but landed a small role that is part of  a scene with Mundungus Fletcher for Deathly Hallows. Mr. Ballantyne notes he is playing an "associate" to the dodgy member of the Order of the Phoenix, and says the scene involves one of Dung's notoriously underhanded sales. Quotage:

But in The Deathly Hallows the director, David Yates, had remembered me and I was given the part of Mundungus' Associate. He is a baddy - I'm always the baddy - and I had a few lines to learn and say.”
“I couldn't believe it when I got to the Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire a month ago and was told I had this part. The director said 'we will try something a bit more meaty this time'.“I cannot repeat the lines I had to say but it was in a scene where Mundungus is negotiating a purchase.”

Martin Ballantyne goes on to note that Dung Fletcher actor Andy Linden is "really nice," and speaks abit about the remaining filming and release schedule for the two films.

“It's like a big family when you get there.

“Having this part is a good part for me because I have lines and most of the parts I have had are without lines.

“I should be in the final film The Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Half Blood Prince is out in cinemas in July, The Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out in cinemas for Christmas 2010 and the second part will be out sometime in 2012 [sic] - although we haven't started filming that yet

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Picture0093_thumb

Yeah hang on there is no way I’m waiting two years between the DHs. D:!

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 21, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
P7140493_thumb

Is it really gonna be 2012? If so, that stinks but I guess in a wierd way it’s knd of okay since it will last a little longer for us…

Posted by *Sarah*Smiles{{WBM}} on April 21, 2009, 07:38 PM report to moderator

It’s obviously not going to be released in 2012 guys. The guy made a mistake, which was noted in the article. WB already announced the date as July 15 2011 (though it’s likely to be changed to July 13), and they won’t change the date after all of the trouble they went through to get it. The Avengers had originally taken that date, so WB made a huge risk to get that prime weekend and they won’t throw it away just like that.

Plus 2012? It would be marketing suicide to have a two-year split between the same movie. Even the space between Dead Man’s Chest and At World’s End seemed too long, and it was only a year.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 21, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I think his whole interview was weird. And I don’t think he knows what he’s talking about. What associate? Why would Dung be in Part 2? He only appears after Kreacher’s Tale. Don’t tell me they’re changing even more… as usual. :(

Posted by izziewitch on April 21, 2009, 08:08 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Interesting news. But hopefully not 2012

Posted by Jersey on April 21, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Medievel_party_nov

Ok, what…2012.. no way..that would just be mean..

Posted by smokytator on April 21, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator

They cast Mundungus??? If they did that’s so cool!!! Well not for OOTP but oh well.

Posted by useyourmind on April 21, 2009, 09:17 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

WHATT!!!! why 2012!!!

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 21, 2009, 09:26 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_girl_thumb

what?!?!? part 2? 2012? I hope this guy is seriously confused! otherwise, I might cry.

Posted by ameema on April 21, 2009, 10:00 PM report to moderator

Interesting.

Posted by badger666 on April 21, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Th_dawn_icons_thumb

from the looks of it this guy seems like a pretty minor character…i might be wrong. but he might not know exactly when it’s going to be released. heck, even some of the main actors might get the dates mixed up cuz they are so busy.

Posted by hpfanaticfan2011 on April 21, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i barely even remember mundungus being in DH, let alone an associate of his!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 22, 2009, 01:32 AM report to moderator
Hpsssorting_thumb

Guys, chill about the date of DH Pt2. They probably don’t have an exact date yet. They haven’t even started filming. Anything could happen.

Posted by TheSortingHat[ROAR] on April 22, 2009, 02:36 AM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

We pray for the safety of them all, so the filming would be successfull, and we gonna sit and entertained watching the movies.

Posted by EnricoDc on April 22, 2009, 03:11 AM report to moderator
Bearcry_thumb

Guys Guys Guys!!! Relax.. it has “[sic]” after 2012. “[sic]” means a mistake made by the person being quoted, that has been left in to maintain the integrity and truth of the quote. It is 2011… Mr. Ballantyne made a mistake is all.

Posted by A Tackier Pink on April 22, 2009, 03:46 AM report to moderator

Harry noticed that Ron kept moving his prefect's badge around, first placing it on his bedside table, then putting it into his jeans pocket, then taking it out and laying it on his folded robes... Only when Fred and George dropped in and offered to attach