Preview of a Scene with the Smelly Sneaky Thief Named Mundungus Fletcher in Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 21, 2009, 03:55 PM

Last month in one of our recent exclusive casting reports, TLC was able to tell you that actor Andy Linden was confirmed be appearing as Mundungus Fletcher for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Today, there is a new article online with actor Martin Ballantyne who discusses his role as "Scary Face" in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince as an extra with no lines,  but landed a small role that is part of  a scene with Mundungus Fletcher for Deathly Hallows. Mr. Ballantyne notes he is playing an "associate" to the dodgy member of the Order of the Phoenix, and says the scene involves one of Dung's notoriously underhanded sales. Quotage:

But in The Deathly Hallows the director, David Yates, had remembered me and I was given the part of Mundungus' Associate. He is a baddy - I'm always the baddy - and I had a few lines to learn and say.”
“I couldn't believe it when I got to the Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire a month ago and was told I had this part. The director said 'we will try something a bit more meaty this time'.“I cannot repeat the lines I had to say but it was in a scene where Mundungus is negotiating a purchase.”

Martin Ballantyne goes on to note that Dung Fletcher actor Andy Linden is "really nice," and speaks abit about the remaining filming and release schedule for the two films.

“It's like a big family when you get there.

“Having this part is a good part for me because I have lines and most of the parts I have had are without lines.

“I should be in the final film The Deathly Hallows Part 2. The Half Blood Prince is out in cinemas in July, The Deathly Hallows Part 1 will be out in cinemas for Christmas 2010 and the second part will be out sometime in 2012 [sic] - although we haven't started filming that yet

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

So is Mundungus in HBP then? Otherwise, how are they going to explain how Harry knows who he is and what hes been up to in DH?

Posted by pipkin3 on April 21, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

The necklace transaction occurs before the trip to the Ministry. After the necklace is claimed, Mundungus has no further role of consequence in the plot

Posted by budgie on April 21, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

i’m sure they got the date wrong!… any DH news is great! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 21, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Hmm.. so will they being going to Diagon Alley (Gringotts scene) in part 2, then?

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 21, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Untitled-40_thumb

If the first and second part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows aren’t going to be back-to-back, I’m going to be pissed.

Posted by accio rehma on April 21, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Dd_thumb

The remark “[sic]” means that the editors recognized it as a mistake. Don’t worry about the date!
Hehe, I like that guy :D Lucky one. I’ll watch out for him in the movie.

Posted by Flonk on April 21, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Emily2533_thumb

I figured… I am sure DH release dates remain same (Nov 2010 and July 2011). Otherwise, I will be pissed as well if they change that too!

Posted by Emily25 on April 21, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator
Me_edit_thumb

WAIT!!? 2012? I thought they were going to be released somewhat close together…2 YEARS? WHAT?

Posted by kraamerXmich ♠{WBM}♠ [Pigeon] on April 21, 2009, 06:46 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoa. i’m like everyone on here..2012?! what?! lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 21, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

He must have mis spoke.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 21, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I hope he performs the character well.

Posted by Kirk on April 21, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

AWESOME!!! I wonder if Umbridge is somehow going to end up with the locket…maybe Martin gives the locket to her or something? Either way…I so excited!!!!!!!! I seriously need to watch HBP so that I can release some of this excitement!!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 21, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator
Hpim2981_thumb

…2012. cooool.

Posted by Annie_roo on April 21, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Hpim2981_thumb

…2012. cooool.

Posted by Annie_roo on April 21, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

I never understood this character.

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on April 21, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator

He had just turned away when he heard a smashing noise; Malfoy gave a gleeful yell of laughter. Harry whipped around again. His potion sample lay in pieces on the floor, and Snape was surveying him with a look of gloating pleasure.[br]"Whoops," he said so