Location Filming Currently Underway in London for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 20, 2009, 05:43 PM

TLC has gotten multiple reports that location filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently underway tonight in London, England. Following on what TLC first reported several weeks ago, Staff and many readers have alerted us that crews bearing name tags with "HP7" are setting up location night shoots in the Piccadilly Circus and Shaftesbury Avenue portion of London. New reports say this new filming underway tonight and tomorrow is most likely for the Cafe attack scene with the Trio. These are due to run from 9pm till 530am (very late). If you are in the area, please send in your reports and photos to staff@the-leaky-cauldron.org.

Update: Reader Milo owled to say that he heard "roughly 400 extras are going to be used over a 3 day period, each shoot lasting from 11pm-5am but due to congestion they are only allowed to film at 15 minute intervals. When I got down there earlier this evening I saw the production designer Stuart Craig surveying the area. There is a large unit base at the bottom of Piccadily Circus with and pretty much every crew member is involved in this shoot, and throughout the evening lots of mini buses carrying crew members from Leavesden studios were being dropped off." Thanks Milo!

Related: In case you missed the report from below; be sure to check out the recent Deathly Hallow location photos taken over the weekend in Scotland, involving Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) and the camping scenes.

Thanks so much to to all who owled!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

AWW I WANT TO BE AN EXTRA FOR DH!!!!! HOW AWESOME WOULD THAT BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrr…..too bad I dont live in London many tears

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 20, 2009, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I wish I could be an extra. It would make my life. :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on April 20, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i would love to be an extra, but alas, the atlantic ocean is a hurdle i can’t overcome :(

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 20, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I really hope they keep the “Ditch Ginger” line. Hopefully we’ll get to see some set photos tomorrow morning.

Posted by mollywobble on April 20, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I would love to be an extra in the Harry Potter movies! Too bad I live across the pond :( I wonder what scene they are filming to involve such a large number of extras?

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 20, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

This is so exciting!!

Posted by Christine on April 20, 2009, 08:52 PM report to moderator

oh awesome I’m only half an hour away from Shaftesbury avenue! I’ll go up tomorrow and see what i can get!

Posted by starrose17 on April 20, 2009, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

This is so exciting! It sounds like they’re really trying to make this film right!

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 20, 2009, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Radcliffe_articles_2011gq_0005_thumb

i want to be an extra!… if only i lived in london too :( i swear if i did i would go myself to see it,, just to catch a glimpse at the filming. but anyway for the cafe scenes 400 extras do seem quite a lot… hmm i thought only six people were in that scene. :( :/ :S

Posted by fan.numero1 [SFTC!] on April 20, 2009, 10:02 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

i wish i could be an extra…so cool

Oh gosh, I hope they get some pics of Ron at this London shoot!!!

Crosses fingers EXTREMELY tight

Posted by AJWC1 on April 20, 2009, 10:23 PM report to moderator
Phoenix_thumb

WOW! YAY!

Posted by Pottercastfan ∞∆ROAR!∆∞ on April 20, 2009, 10:29 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

The cafe attack scene is my favorite scene in the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on April 20, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator
Photo_24_thumb

I live so close to there, I could have gone down because it sounds exciting!
Always find out about such things a bit too late – my friend was at the Star Trek premier right down the road from there this evening and got loads of autographs. Very unfair!

Posted by Cakey on April 20, 2009, 11:06 PM report to moderator
3136d0c1b5c2c8f0c0ada4cec4a7b7a8fb00_thumb

Tonight? 9pm till 530am?So have they alrealdy begun filming?
I wish i could live in London! It must be very exciting to be there!
Hope to get more about that!

Posted by liyixinhua on April 21, 2009, 12:51 AM report to moderator

"The fates have informed me that your examination in June will concern the Orb, and I am anxious to give you sufficient practice."[br]Hermione snorted.[br]"Well, honestly... 'the fates have informed her'... who sets the exam? She does! What an amazing pre