Emma Watson to Film for Deathly Hallows Over Christmas, Next March

Watson
April 20, 2009, 05:29 PM

Actress Emma Watson is the feature of a new cover story for Interview Magazine. In the excerpts from the article which are now online, the actress speaks about her current filming schedule for both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noting while she will be taking a break to attend University in September, she will be back to film later in the year over the Christmas holidays and again next March. Quotage:

WATSON: At the moment, we’re there at about 6:30 a.m., which means I’m picked up at about 5:45 a.m. We’re filming both the seventh and eighth movies at once, and I’m trying to do all of my scenes now and through the summer so I’ll be available for university come September—though it already looks like I’ll be working on Christmas and March breaks.

BLASBERG: In these next two films, are most of your scenes with Dan and Rupert?

WATSON: Yes. In the last book, they’ve left Hogwarts, and they’re traveling around together. It feels right that it started with the three of us and it’s ending with the three of us. It’s about our friendship.

You can read excerpts from interview, as well as see new photos of Emma Watson via this link. Thanks Ivana for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

It’s nice that she can do the movie and school.

Posted by budgie on April 20, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

It’s cool they are trying to get a lot of her scenes filmed before she starts school.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 20, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

good girl Emma! proud on you! very proud!

Posted by Matea on April 20, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I was actually wondering about Emma’s shooting schedule the other day, so I’m glad someone else asked that question. I think it is really cool that Yates, Heyman and WB are trying to work around Emma’s schedule. I’m sure it was written into her contract, but it’s still cool. I wonder what they’ll film while she’s away though? How many non-Hermione scenes are there.

Posted by mollywobble on April 20, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

Thats good :)

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 20, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Lltqav1-1

Well, even though she has to work during Christmas break, I think she would enjoy it. After several months of school you get to film a movie during vacation? Sounds fun to me. Sure, it’s still work, but it would be better than school.

I find it odd how the interviewer asks her if most of her scenes are with Dan and Rupert. Well, duh. I can’t think of any scene from any of the previous movies that she has been in, in which Dan and/or Rupert were not in the scene with her. And there is no point in the Deathly Hallows that there is a scene without either of them. Although, there will probably be that scene where Harry and Ron are trapped in another room and Hermione faces off against Voldemort and kills him on her own. ;) “Fear of a name only increases the fear of the thing itself. Well I know your true name, Tom, and I am not afraid!” Then she blasts him. :D

Posted by Nerf on April 20, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Man I can see why she wants to study in America if they encourage you to study a variety of different subjects like that…I would love that! And she has five she wants to study already? I didn’t know she painted either, that’s really cool.

It’s really good that they’re working her schedule around her studies too, because I’m pretty sure that if it came down to it, her studies would come first.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on April 20, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I think it sets an amazing example that Emma is putting school first. Good for you!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 20, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator

she hasn’t announced where she will be attending yet right?

Posted by airflite40 on April 20, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I just finished the whole article, and it was the first time I’ve read an interview with her where I really felt like we got a good glimpse of Emma’s personality. That’s probably because she has a good relationship with the interviewer. The “Prius of her peer group.” LoL. She’s great, very quick witted. Great article.

Posted by mollywobble on April 20, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

I like that three have actually bonded like Trio. Makes it much more real on-screen.

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 20, 2009, 06:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

That’s awesome that she is going to school. Good girl!!!

Doctor_who_5_thumb

I was wondering how she would have the time and energy to do both.
It is really nice to see that she is putting education first, it is a great example to set.

Posted by I've got a theory... *ROAR* on April 20, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

good for Emma, and is so nice of the people involve in the movie to let her film her scenes so she can go to shool

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on April 20, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

emma is pretty frickin’ awesome to be going to school and doing the films.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on April 20, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator

She had started drawing up study schedules and colorcoding all her notes. Harry and Ron wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging them to do the same.