(Updated)Camping with Harry and Hermione in Scotland for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 20, 2009, 03:42 PM

Hi Ho, a camping we will go, filming camping scenes for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that is! Check it out, thanks to Oclumencia,  we can see these new photos featuring Dan Radcliffe as Harry and Emma Watson as Hermione filming on location, complete with a tent, in the Highlands of Scotland for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
UPDATE: Argyll News is reporting this filming took place at Loch Etive in the Highlands of Scotland. Quotage: This weekend saw a highly secretive operation on the shores of Loch Etive. The film crew - along with some of the Harry Potter series’ best known young actors, Daniel Radcliife (Harry) and Emma Watson (Hermione), were at the loch shooting a scene said to capitalise on the unique tidal flows of Loch Etive, with the sea kayakers challenge of the Falls of Lora.

Thanks guys!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

Cool!!! not to be mean or anything but dan looks like hes gained some weight

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 20, 2009, 05:29 PM report to moderator

You guys think this is any indication of where they might split the movies? Since they are already filming the camping scenes where Harry and Hermione are alone, maybe they are splitting it after Ron leaves… Just a thought!

Posted by kat_nicole on April 20, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I LOVE IT!!!!! I’m sooooo excited at seeing these pics! YIPEE!!!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 20, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator

cool. theyre filming, but i dont know why harry and hermione are camping in the middle of a field…

Posted by john-robert. on April 20, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

In the book, by the time they arrive at Malfoy Manor and Harry gets a look at himself in the mirror over the fireplace, he sees that his hair has grown to almost shoulder length and he is road-worn. I hope they do that progression to show the passage of time.

The photos are awesome. I’m listening to DH again and I can’t wait to see what they do with the movie(s).

Posted by realspace on April 20, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator

Maybe it is easier to film it in an open field and they will add the forest trees in during post production I am not real worried about the fact that it is an open field yet. :)
kat_nicole-they stated before filming started that the two movies would be filmed together. So no photos coming out will give us any indication where the split is.I don’t think we will know where the split is until the film comes out.
The order they are filming in could depend on the actors schedules or sometimes what needs a lot of CGI work will get filmed early so they can start work on it. Hardly any film is ever filmed in the order you see it.

Posted by mlc on April 20, 2009, 05:42 PM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

i’m so excited! Everything looks amazing!

Posted by skiving snackboxes on April 20, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

Dan just looks a healthy weight. It would be neat to see the transformation to the longer hiared, bearded face described in the book.

Posted by budgie on April 20, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator

I agree with realspace in that I hope they show that progression. I know these photos were taken from far away with a telephoto…but it does seem that Dan has a bit of a shadow or stubble and his hair is certainly more “Harry” than we’ve seen it in a while. These pics are great and are getting me excited for DH before HBP has even been released!

Posted by Notadryeye on April 20, 2009, 05:46 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb
  • screams

OMG, I can’t wait!
The tent is PERFECT. Wow. I like Emma’s outfit too :)

Posted by Christine on April 20, 2009, 05:52 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

AWSOME! IM LOVING THESE UPDATES

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 20, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

SQUEE! The film is on the way! I can’t wait!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 20, 2009, 05:59 PM report to moderator
Brent_river_2_thumb

I am so looking forward to the camping scenes HBP is a comin!!!!!!!!

Posted by Big B [ROAR FTW] on April 20, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

can’t wait to see more

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on April 20, 2009, 06:08 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Ooh nice big set! I like the tent as well! :D

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 20, 2009, 06:09 PM report to moderator

"Wangoballwime?"[br]"Sorry?" said Cho.[br]"D'you -- d'you want to go to the ball with me?" said Harry. Why did he have to go red now? [i]Why?[/i]

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014