Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game Release Now June 30?

Video Games
April 18, 2009, 07:20 AM

Note:if you are looking for information on the new Half-Blood Prince trailer, screencaps, posters and more, be sure to check this post.

Reuters has a new article regarding the video game industry and their struggle in these tougher economic times, with the piece noting there will be some good news this summer as "in June, Electronics Arts will release the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" game to coincide with the film of the same name by Warner Bros Pictures."  While only last week, retailers had the release dates reading July, however as of today on Amazon, all the various platforms of the new HBP video game now reflect a June 30, 2009 release date.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released here in the US and Canada on July 15; you can read the current international list of release dates here.  Be sure to check out the latest trailer released last month here, and our collection of stills from the game, here.

Update: Thanks to Emma from SS who owled to say Amazon UK now has their date a few days later at July 3rd.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

King_s-cross-station---harr_thumb

I love the games; I can’t wait to see how HBP will be (hopefully epic graphics AND a good plot!) But why do they insist on releasing the games weeks before the movie? I understand promotional reasons, but doesn’t it kind of spoil the movie? Everyone will still see it, of course, but still…

Posted by Arka on April 18, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Clanmacq2_thumb

hmm I’m kind of wondering if they’ve got the release dates wrong for the game. Cause if EA would push the game back from the November release date to go along with the film, why move it up now? We’ll see. I won’t play it though till I see the movie. I hate the idea of being spoiled!

Posted by Lizbit on April 18, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

looks like all things HP keep getting moved up this summer!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 18, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

whats with the release dates changing?!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on April 18, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
208389_1809752216631_1624741607_1810808_1202878_n_thumb

Awesome. I want it NOW, though:)

Posted by sleepyhead on April 18, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

:) Yay, I love the Harry Potter games!! Now I just have to get my X-box account back up and running before then…

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on April 18, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

that’s cool! Iove the games.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on April 18, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
All-voldemort-needs_thumb

Fairly speaking, I liked the first 3 games, bust the last one was a bit boring, and I don’t like the controlling of characters – it’s difficult with the mouse and impossible with touchpad((( Or maybe I haven’t got enough patience :)

Posted by Pollytomat on April 18, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
P7140493_thumb

Absolutely cannot wait!! When I get the games I’m just as bad as I am with the books. Noone can bother me until I’m done!!!

Posted by *Sarah*Smiles{{WBM}} on April 18, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

cool.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 18, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Ronweasley_thumb

i cant wait for this…i loved the ootp one they put out

Posted by IAmRonWeasley on April 18, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator

I hope the game will be good!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 18, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I experienced to play the “Order of the Phoenix” video game, and i’ve enjoyed so much, i felt like i really exploring the Hogwarts Castle. And i enjoyed playing the mini-games such as Wizard’s Chess, Exploding Snap and Gobstones.,
So, this upcoming HBP i think has more improvement, and we will experience more excitement while playing…

Posted by EnricoDc on April 19, 2009, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Awesome! Can’t wait for this game!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 19, 2009, 10:50 AM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

woohoo!!! can’t wait!!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 19, 2009, 11:06 AM report to moderator

[i]"Hem, hem,"[/i] said Professor Umbridge.[br][i]"Yes?"[/i] said Professor McGonagall...[br]"I was just wondering, Professor, whether you received my note telling you of the date and time of your inspec --"[br]"Obviously I received it, or I would have as