Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game Release Now June 30?

Video Games
April 18, 2009, 07:20 AM

Note:if you are looking for information on the new Half-Blood Prince trailer, screencaps, posters and more, be sure to check this post.

Reuters has a new article regarding the video game industry and their struggle in these tougher economic times, with the piece noting there will be some good news this summer as "in June, Electronics Arts will release the "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" game to coincide with the film of the same name by Warner Bros Pictures."  While only last week, retailers had the release dates reading July, however as of today on Amazon, all the various platforms of the new HBP video game now reflect a June 30, 2009 release date.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released here in the US and Canada on July 15; you can read the current international list of release dates here.  Be sure to check out the latest trailer released last month here, and our collection of stills from the game, here.

Update: Thanks to Emma from SS who owled to say Amazon UK now has their date a few days later at July 3rd.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

good news! i love the games :)
first?:P

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on April 18, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Deatheaters_thumb

cool – can’t wait!

Posted by Loony.in.Honeydukes (ROAR) on April 18, 2009, 07:49 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Oh….that’s good…I hope this game is better than 5. I’m sure it will be!
But I’m annoyed about the release dates for HBP… I’m not sure if I’ll be in the UK or Canada at that time but it comes out in America on the 15th and the 17th in the UK….hmmm….but the premiere will be in the UK… Why can’t it be the 15th in the UK? I mean, in Portugal it’s even the 16th….
Aargh, this is really confusing and horrible and I just wanna see it!!!!!!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 18, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Wha?? But what about film spoilers? Seems strange they’re releasing the game so early before the film. Ah well I’m looking forward to playing it… wish I had a Wii though because it looks epic on Wii!

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 18, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I can’t wait for this! I love HP games so much! Zooom!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 18, 2009, 08:38 AM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

i hope the graphics are as good as five! releasing on the same day is a better idea… film spoilers, right?

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 18, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

coolio i want to get this one. I have all the video games except for five! I can’t beat Voldemort at the last level of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 18, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

I can’t wait for this! I have the Wii and OotP is awesome on it, so HBP must be even better!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 18, 2009, 10:41 AM report to moderator
Img_3521_thumb

Hope this game is better for the Wii than OOTP was for PSP

Posted by McGiggles92 on April 18, 2009, 10:59 AM report to moderator

And when will the demo come out or are they not going to bother with that?

Posted by greatpetie83 on April 18, 2009, 11:41 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am glad to hear that the game is coming out so early! Hopefully it will quench my appetite for the movie somewhat as I wait for it. Or maybe not.

Posted by Kirk on April 18, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

I wondered why they changed it? I hate it when they keep changing it. :(
Why can’t they just decide a date and keep it like that? Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining if it’s coming early but it’s furstrating . . . . . . . . I’m not a big follower of the games anyway, but my brother is :)

The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

sweet…i have a feeling this game will be awesome!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on April 18, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

sweet…i have a feeling this game will be awesome!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on April 18, 2009, 12:29 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

wow thats so early – the games are basically a walk through of the film so I’m quite suprised – oh well all the better for us!

Posted by Juine on April 18, 2009, 12:34 PM report to moderator

"I'm going to sit here and watch you die, Harry Potter. Take your time. I'm in no hurry."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014