ABC to Air Harry Potter Movie Saturdays

Movies
April 18, 2009, 08:19 AM

The main ABC Television Network will be broadcasting the first three Harry Potter films on consecutive Saturday nights in High Definition beginning this weekend. Fans can enjoy Sorcerer's Stone tonight starting at 8:00pm ET, followed next week, April 25th with a showing of Chamber of Secrets, followed on May 2nd with a broadcast of Prisoner of Azkaban. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire will be then shown on May 16th on the main ABC station. While it is true these films have aired multiple times in the past, they are always great fun to watch again at home. At this point we do not know if there will be any previews of HBP included, perhaps during the broadcasts next month, but again we have no word on this; we will update with more if it changes.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Iconator_e5413e9850e2294d5bfb655a9ead163b_thumb

watched it last night!

Posted by PadfootLover4ever on April 19, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator

And once again ABC did an extremely poor job of editing. Only ABC Family adds the deleted scenes.

Posted by jeannemclROAR on April 19, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator

I really love it when they show them. And high Def!

Posted by rachel77 on April 19, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

Aw, I watched Sorcerer’s Stone last night! I loved it, of course :D It brought me back to the first time that I watched it, and everything started for me (I saw the film before I started reading the books). Although they cut out quite a bit, like the bit where Hermione tells Ron he’s got dirt on his nose, and the Potions class, which was rather annoying, but I understand that it’s one of the longer films.

Posted by choirgeek on April 19, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

It’s funny. I own the movies and I even watch them sometimes. But every time I’m flipping channels on TV and one of the movies is on, I always watch it.

Posted by Jersey on April 19, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I watched Sorcerer’s Stone last night! But they cut out parts- that made me sad

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 19, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Jonas_thumb

I watched it yesterday, hehe!

Posted by NargleCatcher on April 19, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

Squee!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 19, 2009, 08:10 PM report to moderator
Princess_ariel_thumb
Always love to watch HP films on TV
Posted by Ariel on April 19, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator
028_25a_thumb

The one this last Saturday, “Sorcerer’s Stone” had a lot more deleted from it, I think. When it is shown on ABC Family they tend to include the regular version along with the deleted scenes. But when it is on Network, they have more commercials, I guess.

Posted by marymackie on April 19, 2009, 10:45 PM report to moderator

Wow!!! Too bad we don’t have ABC in India! Anyway, can’t complain!!! I’ve got all the CDs. Anyway, those of you who do have ABC, enjoy it!!!!

Posted by Sanju on April 20, 2009, 05:14 AM report to moderator
Hp_and_the_deathly_hallows_ukr_thumb

It is always interesting to look “Harry Potter”, even in that case if you already it looked also it at you on DVD . Such impressions that you look it anew.

Posted by lord kerol on April 20, 2009, 07:24 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I started watching, but quickly realized they cut more out of the broadcast version than the version that was released in the theaters. l lost interest.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on April 20, 2009, 10:02 AM report to moderator
1691273755a1691353847b766100513l_thumb

I want to see them on TV too, but I don’t have ABC…. grrrr
oh well, I will watch the dvd tonight instead

Posted by qwientje on April 20, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

fun!! i haven’t watched the movies in a while (except ootp).. it’ll be nice to see them again.

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 20, 2009, 01:48 PM report to moderator

Deliberately causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class was about as safe as poking a sleeping dragon in the eye.