New HBP Trailer Roundup: Check out High Definition ScreenCaps and More

HBP Film
April 17, 2009, 10:37 AM

In case you missed it last night, Warner Bros has now released the full and final cinema trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Available here in our galleries, please check this post for all the direct download links. Info on our live PotterCast Trailer talk show from last night can be found here. Of note are the many new scenes from the upcoming sixth Harry Potter film, as witnessed in our fantastic High Definition screencaps we now have available here in our galleries. Among the many new looks are:

Night shot of Hogwarts and the grounds (with a mystery person at a wall; Filch perhaps?)
Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) as he whispers "It's Over"
The Students of Hogwarts and Madam Pomfrey (Gemma Jones) as they react to the events on the Astronmy Tower (note the emotion in their faces, particularly Luna (Evanna Lynch) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
A jealous and angry Hermione (Emma Watson) clutching her copy of 1000 Magical Herbs
Ginny reaching out to Harry, as they then hold hands
A chilling and stark photo of a cursed Katie Bell, screaming in horror from the dark magic of the necklace
A tormented Draco (Tom Felton) struggling with the task he is so reluctant to do on the Astronmy Tower
New Slughorn speaking to Harry and Dumbledore outside his temporary house in Budleigh Babberton
Luna wearing her Lion Hat, cheering alongside Neville (Matt Lewis) in the Quidditch Stadium
Dumbledore, the Divine ;)
Lupin, Tonks, with the Weasleys as they watch the Burrow burn
Dumbledore and Harry casting a spell in the Cave
The Empty Qudditch Stadium (with perhaps Ron on his way to pratice?)
Caution to parents of small children: a disturbing photo of Creepy Crawling Inferi

Also as posted previously, Yahoo released new Half-Blood Prince character posters including:
New photo of Hermione and Slughorn
Quidditch Ginny and Ron Weasley
Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape
Dumbledore and Harry Potter

UPDATE: WB also sent over High Res stills from the trailer as well, including Draco (Tom Felton), Slughorn (Jim Broadbent), Dumbledore with the fire, Orphan Tom Riddle here and here, Snape (Same photo of Alan Rickman as above), Ron Weasley (post poisoning), Pensieve Dumbledore, another cheering Quidditch crowd, stricken and emotional students, Bellatrix destroying glassware in the Great Hall, several of Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe) here here, here and here.

Thanks so much to our hard working galleries teams!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Avatar_hp_thumb

OMG these stills are so good. I can NOT wait for this film! x

Jbavvybadge_thumb

Never before have I hated a company so much as I do in this moment. No, not because the trailer’s horrible, but because of quite the opposite reason. For the first time we’ve really seen some important and substantial plot points, and now I have to wait for 3 months to see the whole thing?! This is just going to drive me insane.

I’m thrilled, and I can’t wait! Squee!

Posted by JBJeans on April 17, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Picture0504_thumb

Oh my god. The Katie one freaks me out…

Posted by Sweegirl on April 17, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

That was definitely the best trailer yet!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 17, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

The new posters are cool too but I think the Quiddtich one is the best. The one of Draco and Snape is just not flattering at all.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on April 17, 2009, 01:11 PM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

I think my heart just stopped!

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on April 17, 2009, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Puff_thumb

YEAH GALLERIES TEAM! You guys rock my world!

Posted by KimmyBlair on April 17, 2009, 01:16 PM report to moderator
Iconator_35650a23df7af4a54082eaa3add3087b_thumb

This trailer is awesome! If you look at the screencap of Diagon Alley being destroyed by Fenrir and Deatheaters it looks like they are kidnapping Olivander and stealing wands! Ultra squee!

Posted by SockMnky15 on April 17, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
006-2_thumb

Since when are Fred and George not redheads anymore? (look on the “Weasleys watching their house burn” picture) I know the Phelps twins have brown hair, but… really? No dye this time? Uh…

Posted by Germain on April 17, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_avatar_thumb

This is THE best trailer I’ve ever seen. I’m so excited for the movie!!

(why were the students all raising lit wands? what’s that about???)

Posted by RavenclawForever on April 17, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Those phot’s make me happy!!! Although I kinda wanna warn Hermione while she’s watching Ron playing quidditch that she’s going to have her heart broken soon!!!

But these are making me squeelfully excited!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 17, 2009, 02:00 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

oh my gosh that was the best trailer EVER! i am beyond excited for this movie!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 17, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Photo_187_thumb

i loved the trailer i think it’s the best!! the cave looked slightly different then what i had originally pictured it to be(when i was reading the chapter i was literally on the edge of my seat) it was gr8 non the less. Honestly the katie Bell scene was perfect it was like i had imagined it (perfect shot). Tom Felton really picked it up a notch his emotions poured out it looked like he really gave it his best. i love everything about this trailer !! i loved the scene where snape and harry duel it was absolutely perfect Alan Rickman’s emotionless face was perfect!! I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Posted by undisputedfan on April 17, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see the movie!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 17, 2009, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Photo_187_thumb

poured out it looked like he really gave it his best. i
love everything about this trailer !! i loved the
scene where snape and harry duel it was absolutely
perfect Alan Rickman’s emotionless face was
perfect!! I am sooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Posted by undisputedfan on April 17, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator

"Fred gave me one of those when I was seven -- it burnt a hole right through my tongue. I remember Mum walloping him with her broomstick." Ron stared broodingly into the Acid Pop box. "Reckon Fred'd take a bit of Cockroach Cluster if I told him they were