Helen McCrory Back as Narcissa for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

McCrory
April 17, 2009, 09:10 AM

There is a small new mention today of actress Helen McCrory who will be seen as Narcissa Malfoy, mother of Draco, wife of Lucius and sister to Bellatrix Lestrange in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. In the know columnist Baz Bamigboye for the Daily Mail reports that Helen and the other Helen, Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) had some fun while filming for HBP, noting " the pair enjoyed scaring fellow cast members and giving the crew a double fright." The brief article also states that indeed that acclaimed stage actress McCrory will return in her role as Narcissa for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Readers will recall of course, the dramatic and pivotal decision Narcissa makes at the end of the book. Quotage from The Daily Mail: "Ms McCrory will also feature in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows, which is shooting until next year  -  although she will find time this summer to portray Cherie Blair opposite (as this column revealed) Michael Sheen as one T. Blair, plus Dennis Quaid and Julianne Moore as Bill and Hillary Clinton, in Peter Morgan's The Special Relationship."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent McCrory News

Dhonesheet_thumb

AWESOME!!! Hopefully that means all the Malfoy Manor stuff will be in there….like the opening scene with the muggle studies teacher.

Posted by cghambright on April 17, 2009, 11:32 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

does anyone else find the photo of her as Narcissa a little…odd. Maybe it’s just me but the two toned hair just isn’t how I pictured her.

Eh…that sort of thing doesn’t matter as long as she acts like the character.

Posted by Ilzairspar on April 18, 2009, 01:53 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

I. Can’t. WAIT!!!!

Yeah, i’m fine with how she looks up until that brown streak running across her head o.O

Posted by Beatrice Alice Potter {WBM} on April 18, 2009, 06:08 AM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

I’m glad they’re keeping the same Narcissa, and I really hope I like her in HBP so that way I wouldn’t have to endure another movie with an actress I don’t like. But she looked good in the preview so. . . .

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 18, 2009, 07:39 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

She has the right look for Narcissa but they make her look a little too old in the trailer. And I agree …. we can’t do DH without her. But can anyone tell me why Robbie Coltrane is still not listed in the cast for DH??

Posted by Jersey on April 18, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

She looks FREAKY!

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 18, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

She looks FREAKY!

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 18, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Micleakyavatar_thumb

Oops! How did that happen – i suppose i think she looks VERY creepy…

Posted by shellymione {WBM} on April 18, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Well, that’s really good that she will be back for Deathly Hallows as she just started the films and we need her to be back to play Narcissa for DH! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 18, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
2vjooj9_thumb

cool. cant wait to see how she acts

Posted by nyteflite on April 18, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Juliard_emily_browning_thumb

I bet Helena loved her new friend, and Helen McCrory…well…..
I pictured her to be the mirror image of Bellatrix but blonde and more…Malfoy-like.
She looks a bit too much older than Bella, who is the oldest of Andromeda and Narcissa.

That picture to me doesn’t really do her any justice, so we’ll all have to wait for the movie, which was moved by Warner Brothers to July FIFTEENTH instead of the seventeenth! Two days before it was scheduled!!!1

The new trailer made me want to march up to WB headquarters and demand and early showing.

Posted by Hands Up For Detention With Snape on April 18, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Juliard_emily_browning_thumb

She sort of looks a bit like McGonagall’s sister! Ha, if she had one, which I’m unsure of.

Posted by Hands Up For Detention With Snape on April 18, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
8b23294eb01675737c1d66ad719c6e95_thumb

It sounds like she’s an excellent actress, but I do agree with their original idea of having her as Bellatrix (and HBC as Narcissa?). The acting will be great, I imagine, but the two tone hair just looks ridiculous. It’s an annoying distraction, right there around the (however amazing actress’) face… not easy to overlook. I just can’t see any possible reason for not just making her entirely blond!

Posted by Mollywobbles on April 18, 2009, 03:44 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

Ugh. I don’t know about her, I’ve got Narcissa’s image so clear in my mind that when they first cast her i couldn’t at all accept it. But after seeing the movie she acted quite well, I guess, so maybe.

That hair though, seriously, what were they thinking?

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on April 18, 2009, 07:27 PM report to moderator