Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Littleburrow_thumb

I think i remember someone who saw the screening say that the order does know that Draco is up to something. It isn’t like in the book where no one believes Harry. Harry notices that Draco is up to something at Hogwarts and asks Lupin and Arthur about it and they tell him what they know.

It is different from the book, but i think it is the best they can do because we can’t be in Harry’s head.

Ginny is hiding the potions book. Harry has his eyes clothes so he doesn’t know where she is hiding it so he can’t come back for it. She kisses him while his eyes are still closed. It doesn’t remind me too much of the Cho kiss. The worst part is that it happens in the Room of Requirements. That means both of the kisses took place in the same room.

Posted by decarus on April 18, 2009, 10:05 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

Posted by decarus on April 18, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator
Angel_reader_chagall_thumb

So awesome! Also, the fiery parts with Dumbledore remind me so much of the Ten Commandments.

Posted by Arithmancer on April 18, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! bestest one ever.

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on April 18, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

OMG I cannot wait!! There were points where I got cold chills!!

Posted by Norian on April 18, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator
Ebg_old_books_thumb

I have to say, it was well worth the wait from the looks of that.

Posted by Norian on April 18, 2009, 12:08 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

LOVE IT…..LOVE IT… LOVE IT… LOVE IT……………..LOVE IT! AAAHHHHHH :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 18, 2009, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Emily_and_sarah_thumb

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! Chills every time I watch it. Wish I didn’t miss the live trailer- but SQUEE! That was AMAZING!

Posted by Accio... Sarah! on April 18, 2009, 12:18 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! its gonna be amazing!!!! but is it really gonna be PG??? i dont really care but its gonna be kinda scary….oh well!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on April 18, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
L_5a518163fa034047a06a6475ad635f18_thumb

OH……MY…….GOD……if the rest of the movie is as good as this trailer, i MIGHT just be able to forgive WB for the release change…….OMG, look at katie bell’s face!!! and draco looks awful when he says “I have to do this”.
OMGOMGOMG……..alan rickman is a GOD…..“It’s Over” so emotionless…..whew…..ok breath breath ……..I can’t believe we still have to wait FOUR MONTHS!!!!
words cannot describe the emotion this trailer brought out in me……it was PERFECT…..the perfect clips matched with the perfect music………
wow

Posted by dkorta14@gmail.com on April 18, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator

Does anyone know what Draco is holding up to the camera? It looks like a fingernail or something. I’ve been rattling my brain, trying to remember if he ever did something like this in the book and I can’t remember.

Posted by reallyocean on April 18, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Css_115_thumb

I find it odd that there’s footage of the Great Hall getting massively battered. Didn’t they say they were cutting the final battle from this movie so as not to take away from the battle in DH?

Yes! We finally get hints of Snape’s story actually being in this movie.

I still like Ron’s line – “These girls, they’re going to kill me Harry.”

Great footage of Snape making Harry fly back after Harry calls him a coward! That looks awesome.

This movie comes out only a week before Comic-Con starts, so those of us going to the last PotterCast tour stop in San Diego should have a lot to talk about.

Posted by AleraofRavenclaw on April 18, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Draco-draco-malfoy-2533953-75-75_thumb

OMG I THINK I JUST DIED!!! DRACO IS ABSOLUTLY AMAZING!!!

Posted by Alexandra_Isis on April 19, 2009, 12:59 AM report to moderator
Emily2533_thumb

Love the trailer!! :)

Posted by Emily25 on April 19, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
1jrcw8

I just got chills watching that trailer OMG!

Posted by grawp08 on April 19, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator

"We know you're up to something funny," said Aunt Petunia.[br]"We're not stupid, you know," said Uncle Vernon.[br]"Well, [i]that's[/i] news to me," said Harry, his temper rising...

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014